• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

#1 jmoney
Running Windows 7 64bit with 16GB ram.
Installed Java 7 update 4, installed LRTimelapse, installed exiftool.
LRTimelapse.exe gets this Java fatal exception:
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Ran .cmd and did not work. Set path file to jre7 and saved. .cmd works but .exe still gets error.

Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I just don't want to have to run the .cmd every time I want to use the program.

Any fix?
#2 Gunther
Update: Please follow up to this Faq-Thread and try the advices given there!

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jmoney
(2012-05-14, 16:02)gwegner Wrote: Could it be that you have more than one java version installed? Please make sure you uninstall all java versions an reinstall the latest 64bit java from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Uninstalled all java as per the instructions the first time around. Will try again and post the results.
#4 cmasson
I had the same problem, but I have a solution that worked for me.
Go to java directory ("Program Files/Java/jre7/bin").
Open the "java.exe" properties (right-click, properties), go to "Compatibility" and set "Run the program as an administrator".
Then open "LRTimelase.exe", as usually.
It worked for me, I hope it will work for you !
#5 jmoney
(2012-05-15, 13:16)cmasson Wrote: I had the same problem, but I have a solution that worked for me.
Open the "java.exe" properties (right-click, properties), go to "Compatibility" and set "Run the program as an administrator".

This worked! Had to set both LRTimelapse and java.exe to run as admin. Thanks man. Hope all still works after update to 1.9.
#6 jmoney
All works well with 1.9.
#7 Gunther
@cmasson thx for the tip. I'm still not sure why this seem to be required on some systems though...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 cmasson
No idea, all the more so as I had no problem yesterday and I have changed nothing between yesterday and today... That's a bit weird !
#9 Patrick
(2012-05-15, 13:33)jmoney Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 13:16)cmasson Wrote: I had the same problem, but I have a solution that worked for me.

This worked! Had to set both LRTimelapse and java.exe to run as admin. Thanks man. Hope all still works after update to 1.9.

I am running version 1.9 with Windows 7 and I used your solution of setting both programs to run as administrator and it worked. Thank you
#10 dirtjumper3333
So I also received this error message and none of the suggested resolutions worked for me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LRT and I also went and set java and LRT to run as administrator and that didnt work either. If none of these approaches worked for you, i found one that works for me. Right click on the LRT icon on your desktop, click "Troubleshoot Compatabily", then click "Try recommended settings." LRT should then open properly. Hope this helps anyone that cant find another fix!
Java crash
joartho
2013-11-11, 11:39
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: