• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

#21 Gunther
Hmm normally it should work natively in Windows 8. I don't know what causes that issues for you. But it's okay if you can fix it by setting W7 compatibility.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#22 fviero
No biggie, it is working just fine after setting it to Windows 7 compatibility.
Sad
#23 bakugonen
(2012-05-15, 13:16)cmasson Wrote: I had the same problem, but I have a solution that worked for me.
Go to java directory ("Program Files/Java/jre7/bin").
Open the "java.exe" properties (right-click, properties), go to "Compatibility" and set "Run the program as an administrator".
Then open "LRTimelase.exe", as usually.
It worked for me, I hope it will work for you !
i tried that but i'm in windows xp so i don't have this button so there is a way in windows xp too?
#24 markspend01
Hey Guys my name is Mark.Well i also had the same problem. All i did was to go to remove java 7 upgrade 7 from applications and functions in the c panel.Then its easily complete the task.Thanks!!
#25 sashimiso
Hi, Just an FYI and following up to this..

I too run Win8 64bit.. and, until I turned on the Win XP3 Compatibility, it would not work. In fact, I uninstalled and installed Java a couple of times and nothing was changing...

Now lets hope it opens the video rendering dialog in the end of my LR export Smile

Thanks for your help

(2013-01-21, 02:31)fviero Wrote: Hi there...new Lrtimelapse user here.

Just reporting back that i got the same error with Windows 8 64bit and fixed by letting the compatibility troubleshooter run and then applying "Recommended Settings". In fact, it sets the Lrtimelapse executable to run as if it is on top of Windows XP Service Pack 3 machine. Here´s hoping this setting doesn´t have any bad effect performance wise.

One curious thing though is that, before i applied the suggestions in this thread, a reboot fixed the problem. So it appears that Lrtimelapse can run once...then something goes wrong and the error is thrown.

EDIT: Setting it to "Windows 7" compatibility also works. It makes me feel better than using XP Service Pack 3 Smile
#26 Gunther
@sashimiso: there are no known problems with Windows 8 and there is normally no need do fiddle with compatibility modes whatsoever. It's crucial that you install the 64bit Java from here and remove all other java installations before:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

BTW: After exporting from Lightroom with LRTExporter you will have your intermediate JPG sequence. Even if something goes wrong with the automatic launching, you can always manually render that sequence by launching the render dialog from the LRTImelapse menu. No need to reexport from Lightroom again then.
#27 bikithalee
If you have both 32- and 64-bit applications that need to use Java, then you’ll need to download and install both versions of the Java runtime. Hopefully, this will fix your problem. Sometimes this error can be caused by not having enough system memory allocated to the Java Virtual Machine – or not enough system memory full stop. More about....Java Virtual machine

http://net-informations.com/java/intro/jvm.htm

Lee
#28 Gunther
Since LRTimelapse 4.7.5 there is no need to install Java anymore for LRTimeapse.
Java crash
joartho
2013-11-11, 11:39
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: