• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

#11 toastietv
Hi all!

I just discovered LR Timelapse and am really looking forward to using this great software,
But like many, I too am having this software issue
"Could not create the Java Virtual Machine"

Operating System:
Windows XP (32bit)
4GB Ram
Java 7.5 (latest version)

I'm sure you're sick of hearing people with the same issue, but your assistance would be greatly welcomed! Smile

Thanks

Rob
#12 Gunther
Have you followed all advices given in this FAQ entry?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-coul...al-machine
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 toastietv
(2012-06-16, 16:32)gwegner Wrote: Have you followed all advices given in this FAQ entry?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-coul...al-machine

Thanks so much for the quick response,
I have given this a try but my properties does not seem to allow me to set the compatibility to administrator? (see image below)

[Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2j5js0o.jpg]

Thanks for your help so far Smile

Rob
#14 Gunther
That's on W7 only. I think it's a memory issue. On Xp32 you only can use 3GB and LRT tries to reserve 2 of them... Try launching with the CMD file, that should get you going (you might have to edit it to change the pathnames accordingly)

#15 aykuterd
(2012-06-05, 03:27)dirtjumper3333 Wrote: So I also received this error message and none of the suggested resolutions worked for me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LRT and I also went and set java and LRT to run as administrator and that didnt work either. If none of these approaches worked for you, i found one that works for me. Right click on the LRT icon on your desktop, click "Troubleshoot Compatabily", then click "Try recommended settings." LRT should then open properly. Hope this helps anyone that cant find another fix!

Hello,
I have a problem. I installed the LRTimelapse and Java as per your instructions. I also gave administration rights both to cmd file and java.exe and also lrtimelapse.exe files(I use win 7 32 bit with 4 gb of ram) and read all the suggestions and replies in the forum and tried every aspect but unfortunately the cmd file runs and executes the jar file ( I see black command screen) and I also see the splash-logo screen of LRTimelapse program but suddenly it vanishes/ends. How come this happens and what I am doing wrong?
Regards,
Aykut
#16 Gunther
In the Batchfile "lrtimelapse.cmd" the last line says
Code:
rem pause
remove the "rem" so that it only says
Code:
pause
Make sure to edit the file with a proper TextEditor (like Notepad++). Now double click on the cmd file to execute (it won't vanish anymore) and see what the output is. Send me a screenshot. [/code][/quote]
#17 Gunther
I just made two launchers that require less memory. Just extract them into your LRTimelapse Program Folder (where the LRTimelapse.exe lies) and launch one of them. Let me know if it works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2088648/LR-Time...nchers.zip
#18 silvius73
I had the same problem and I solved it by doing as dirtjumper3333.
Thanks
Silvano
#19 tcse2
(2012-06-05, 03:27)dirtjumper3333 Wrote: So I also received this error message and none of the suggested resolutions worked for me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling LRT and I also went and set java and LRT to run as administrator and that didnt work either. If none of these approaches worked for you, i found one that works for me. Right click on the LRT icon on your desktop, click "Troubleshoot Compatabily", then click "Try recommended settings." LRT should then open properly. Hope this helps anyone that cant find another fix!

Solved it! Thanks!
#20 fviero
Hi there...new Lrtimelapse user here.

Just reporting back that i got the same error with Windows 8 64bit and fixed by letting the compatibility troubleshooter run and then applying "Recommended Settings". In fact, it sets the Lrtimelapse executable to run as if it is on top of Windows XP Service Pack 3 machine. Here´s hoping this setting doesn´t have any bad effect performance wise.

One curious thing though is that, before i applied the suggestions in this thread, a reboot fixed the problem. So it appears that Lrtimelapse can run once...then something goes wrong and the error is thrown.

EDIT: Setting it to "Windows 7" compatibility also works. It makes me feel better than using XP Service Pack 3 Smile
Java crash
joartho
2013-11-11, 11:39
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: