• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Could not create virtual machine

#31 Gunther
@messus, thank you for your really kind and encouraging words.

I am not the developer of Java, so you might want to complain in another forum about that. LRTimelapse works very well on Mac and PC with a proper installed Java. On your system it isn't even starting. So it is not a matter of LRTimelapse.
Thousends of users use it without any problem. I don't know your system, I can only offer advices to get things running.

Have you tried "troubleshoot compatibility"?

BTW: Java security reports only refer to the web plugins - LRTimelapse is a native Java-Application, a whole different story.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#32 hillbill
I've got this same issue now aswell on a brand new machine with a fresh install of both 32 and 64 bit versions of java....tried all the stuff on the thread but am seeing the same symptoms - splash screen appears for about a second, then is whipped away....
#33 Gunther
Windows or Mac? If on Windows try starting the CMD file in the LRTimelapse folder and post the output here.
#34 hillbill
All fixed by the latest version.... :-)
#35 luxor
Hi Gunter,

I ran successfully LRT 2 for months on my Windows 7 Home Ed in Windows XP compatibility mode and as administrator.

Now I tried again to run LRT 2.0 but it fails.
So I installed LRT v2.3.1 (uninstalled java jre6), installed Java jre 7 update 21 as I had to update my java for other reasons.

LRT failed again with a fatal java error because java cannot create the virtual machine.

I checked all you listed on the 1st page, path are correct, but the error remains and have no idea on how to fix it.

Any clue ?

Thanks
Thierry
#36 Gunther
Hmm, please recheck the tips I gave in this thread, maybe try re installing the java again (make sure you have the right - 32 vs. 64 bit version) - normally this should get you going! If not try launching via one of the alternative launchers or even the cmd file.
#37 24karat
I tried to install on three different computers with the same result - java problem. Then I went to programs and opened the file folder. I clicked on the LRTimelapse (large memory).exe folder, and it worked. It seems the problem is in the default version that the shortcut links to. Hope that helps people solve the problem with their computers.
#38 Silent Sound
Hi Gunther

Thanks for the suggestions.
Reinstalled Java. No luck running past slash screen.
Tried compatibility mode change, the best option it gave me was wnidows 2000. No luck again.

Modified the LRTimelapse file with

SET prog_path=C:\Program Files (x86)

IF "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%"=="x86" SET prog_path=C:\Program Files
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files" set prog_path=C:\Program Files
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)" set prog_path=C:\Program Files (x86)
IF EXIST "C:\Programme" set prog_path=C:\Programme "%prog_path%%java_path%java.exe" -Xms%memory_usage_min% -Xmx%memory_usage_max% -jar LRTimelapse.jar
:CLEANUP
set prog_path=
set java_path=\Java\jre7\bin\
rem pause

Didn't seem to fix the problem.

However, can seem to get past the issue if run from the cmd file now. Is there something I'm missing or entered wrong, and will running from the cmd file likely alter the program performance in any way?

Thanks for the reply.
#39 Gunther
If you can use it from the CMD file, do so.
I assume you are on a rather old maching since you are using Windows XP. You might have problems with Memory - did you try the low_mem launcher from Startmenu/LRTimelapse?
On 32bit systems only 3GB max memory are available. Time lapse editing is a demanding task ;-)
#40 Silent Sound
Well its not a new machine, but it powers along even after a few years. Running on 4Gb now. XP was always good, but will be upgrading to Win8.1 with a new machine next month most likely. Guess LRTimelapse will run fine on that one.

Just tried the low_mem launcher out of the start menu, will now start no problems. Strange, since the icon in the installation folder didn't run so smoothly earlier. No complaints from me.

Might wait until new computer to buy the full license, until then , look forward to running through a few timelapse folders from the weekend. I'll have a look through some of the tutorials you've posted to give it work out.

Thanks again for the help.
Cheers

...also check out: