• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Create subfolder on import that is named only date

#1 davejs81
If you have "create subfolder" and "prefix date/time" checked, but don't enter a name for the folder, it feels reasonable to me that it would create a subfolder with the date as its name.

I create folders for the location name, then store multiple dated timelapses within those, so I don't really need to name the subfolders.

I keep doing this, assuming it's what is going to happen, but instead when I click "import", it unchecks "create subfolder" for me and dumps all of my images in my main folder.

As a side point, the date formatting for subfolders (YYYMMDD) is inconsistent with the formatting for files (YYYY-MM-DD). I prefer the latter with the hypens, and can just rename the folder, but it would be nice to have this as an option.
#2 Gunther
Th als for your suggestion. I will allow the creation of folders with the DT prefix only and no further name in the next update.

There are no hyphens between the date elements on the folder names to save space in the tree. This has been like this since years now and I'd rather not change it to not break compatibility with the old names. At least for now. Maybe in the future there could be a more flexible naming system.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: