• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creating a movie from your clips

#1 FailedRenegade
Hi everyone,

The question I wanted to ask you is to do with compiling a load of time lapse clips into a short movie/video. I export all my time lapse clips with the 1080p 25fps Ultra High Quality template that Gunther kindly made. (I downloaded this template at least 5 months ago, I don't think it's available anymore). I took about 2 mins worth of my clips and edited them together in Premiere Pro CS4. Now when I rendered the video out at the end I set it to run the highest quality 1080p h264 mp4 output possible and then a slightly lower one for uploading to youtube. I watched the videos back after exporting them and they have a significant loss in quality between the original clips straight out of lightroom and the premiere pro output. I expected some loss of quality as I was re-compressing/re-saving the files but it was far more than I expected. Terrible in fact.

Does anyone have any tips on how to minimise this loss of quality? I tried over and over with different video codecs (and even a lossless copy, which was almost as bad as the h264 despite the 12gb file size) as my output but they all have the same problem. Is my only solution to work with, say 1620p, original clips and output from premiere at 1080p?

Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N724RT1G4fw
There are also some of the clips uploaded on my channel separately as they came out of lightroom which you can use to compare, but bear in mind that youtube has reduced the quality of all of the videos so the difference is far less noticeable on there. The video ended up going online as a 720p copy as my internet is slow and my patience wore thin.

Thanks
Ad
#2 Gunther
The UHQ templates didn't even have the highest bitrate possible - what I use is the new PRO Templates - they perform very well and provide bitrates up to 70MBps. I use them for my time lapse projects and post process them with Adobe Premiere. The quality is very good.

Check them out: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-prof...-lightroom

Best wishes
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: