• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crop Ken Burns effect resetting to original when reading metadata

#1 joelemail
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm trying to do a simple two-keyframe zoom in.   But each time I get to the final pass in Lightroom, filtering for the entire LRT sequence and reading the metadata, the second keyframe (the zoomed in, cropped frame) resets to the original wide shot without cropping.   Running LRT4 and Lightroom 6. [font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I've read the threads and followed the directions as inserted below.   Any thoughts?[/font][/font]

[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"If you have 2 4* keyframes, just set a crop to the first, copy the crop to the last, then move it or resize it (keep the same aspect ratio!). Then save the metadata for those keyframes in Lightroom (as always from grid view).[/font]
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Then go to LRT: reload. Check the first frame, you should see the crop as orange rectangle in the preview. Go to the last frame, you should see the other crop there. Now apply the auto transition. [/font]
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Select all images in LRT (Ctrl-A) - you should see the crop animation in the preview as overlay of orange rectangles.[/font]
[font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Save and finish the workflow."[/font]
#2 Gunther
Please check this faq thread and try again: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 joelemail
Hi and thanks for the fast reply.

The thread you linked to is the one I followed.  I see the crop appearing in the final step of LRT, in the preview animation as an overlay of orange rectangles.  It is the next step when I go back to Lightroom, read metadata to all, that I watch that last keyframe revert from my crop to the original wider shot, matching the first keyframe.

...also check out: