• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crop roration and Export Format ?

#1 djoubert
Hi,
I have 2 sequences that I needed to adjust ( not horizontal ).
so I  set the angle with Lightroom ( actually different angles between the first keyframe and the last one needed ).
Than I exported asking for original format.
For one sequence I get a format which is smaller than the original one,
and also not the same all along the sequence ( either 5267x3511 or 5266x3511 ) this leading errors with the render video....
For the second one, I got the original format for all the sequence then OK
My Questions:
  1. What should be the export in this case ( asking original, when some angle set )
  2. Where I missed something not to have the same behaviour ?
  3. Why there are not always the same values for the whole sequence ?
Thank you very much
Dominique
#2 Gunther
Make sure to change only the rotation of the crop in Lightroom, nor the size. Set the keyframe with the bigger angle first, make it a little bit smaller, this prevents Lightroom from auto adjusting the size when it touches the edges. Then bring this crop to the other keyframe. Rotate back. The crop will be smaller then the image and both keyframes should now show the same dimensions (check with the key "I" to bring up the overlay when crop is activated). This will prevent Lightroom from scaling when you rotate.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 djoubert
Hi ,
Thank you for your advice.
Actually, I applied the process, and I got all the keyframes with the same size. even after the LRtimelapse step, for the full sequence I have the same format 5045x3363 ( smaller than the original , due to the rotation. )
Then what is amazing it is that after the export I have 23 files out of 625 with a different format ( 5044x3363 instead of 5045x3363 )
I had to correct that in order to have the video rendering without error.
Any idea how I can avoid that ?
Thank you
Dominique
#4 Gunther
I do not recommend doing the crop keyframing at all with Lightroom. Instead farther export in full size without cropping and do the rotation in video post processing. Lightroom sometimes does weird things when cropping and animating the crop with Lightroom definitely has​ some limitations.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Sad --> About Export Error
zetserve
2019-08-17, 18:52
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: