• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Date Stamp for Long Term Construction Time Lapse

#1 tlp3003
Hi there, Gunther

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a date/exif stamp feature for long term construction time lapse? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.
#2 Gunther
I'll consider this!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 tlp3003
Thank you very much for your consideration, Gunther!

I've been doing a couple of long term construction time lapse and my clients have requested if there could be a date identification of each photograph for project monitoring purposes (somewhat like a cctv). Basically, I would have to date stamp in other software before proceeding with the time lapse editing. It would be excellent if lrtimelapse could do the both of it.
#4 Gunther
Ah - now I understand, you would like to superimpose a label with the current date/time?
I was thinking about adding an ability to filter for certain time-spans of the day, to be able to remove images at certain times.
#5 tlp3003
Yeap, like a superimposed date/exif label based on each photograph date/exif. They would not only like to use the long term construction time lapse as a marketing tool but as a monitoring or reference tool as well for the project team.

The filter for certain time-spans of the day is a great idea too! I normally capture a 7am - 7pm daily time lapse for months (due to requirements). But generally, to create a smooth time lapse video, the images are normally from 11am - 4pm.
#6 Gunther
I will check, if this is possible, I'm not sure.
#7 pmcdonald
I'm looking for a solution for this as well. In the past it has been relatively straightforward to time/date stamp our time lapses as we haven't filtered the footage - I'd just do a linear keyframe with a start and end date in After Effects. Now we are starting to use the Long Term Workflow it has become a lot more difficult to accurately document the time each shot was taken. Perhaps the answer is some script in After Effects that reads the source image creation metadata and translates that to a text layer? Anyone aware of any solutions on this front? (Aside from long, tedious manual keyframing!)

On a side note loving LRTimelapse Gunther! We should have bought a copy years ago. It's saving us a huge amount of time and data on our long term time lapses. Keep up the awesome work.
#8 Gunther
I've already started working on a timestamp feature. I need a bit more time, but I'm confident that I will be able to implement it.
#9 tobytimelapse
Hi Gunter/Everyone,

I am also really keen for a 'time of day' filtering option as well as the possibility of date/time stamping in LRTimelapse.

Thanks so much for all your amazing efforts, Gunter. Love your program

T.T.L
#10 tlp3003
Hi Gunther! I just noticed that there's a "Overlay capture time stamps on exported videos " feature in LRTimelapse5. Is there a sample on how it works or the output of it?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

...also check out: