• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Defished images

#1 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, I have a sequence of 850 images that I took using the Tokina 10-17 @15mm, I defished them using IMAO defisher for Lightroom.
The images created are all .TIF but LRT doesn't see them; so I used "import", and asked to create a folder named "defished", LRT created a file named "defished _MISC" and LRT still doesn see them though a copy of the 850 images are in that file.

Any ideas?

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#2 Gunther
Hi Rodrigo,
LRTimelapse doesn't work with TIFF files. If you really want to do that like you did, you'd need to convert the tiff to DNG with Lightroom and then use the DNG files.
But I'd recommend another workflow: use the regular LRTimelapse workflow on your RAW files - that would be much better.
You could try the Lightroom Lens correction, maybe that brings the desired effect - then you'd already be fine.
If you really need to use the external tool, export via LRTExport (TIFF or JPG) and feed the exported images into the other tool.
After that, you can reder the video from the defished / exported images via LRTimelapse File / Render Video.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, here are 2 samples of the defishing process the Imadio and the LR lens correction. IMO the Imadio seem to look better that the LR one. Any comment?

kind regards,

Rodrigo
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Hmm... I think there are some manual options in the LR lens correction, where you could decrease distortion even more.
If possible, you should try to stay in LR, because the workflow would be easier and better.
#5 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, you right I did exported the images via LR/LRT and rendered it with LRTimelapse the but the rendered timelapse is all distorted.
#6 Gunther
If you removed the distortion in Lightroom and then exported and rendered, the distortion should be gone.
Check the exported intermediary files in the LRT_* folder - all edits should be applied there. If you rendered from that folder, then there is no way that the distortion could come back. Please double check.

...also check out: