• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker cancels Holy grail

#1 Phil The Burn
Hi,

Everything seems to work fine with the HG workflow until I get to Visual Preview.

As soon as I trigger VP, it shows a lack of HG adjustments in the preview window.

Everything looks good in LR at that point, and if I render pre-deflicker workflow I get a reasonable out put (HG working) with just a little flicker in the output.

However, as soon as I run any deflicker, the HG seems to be removed when I save and read the metadata into LR.

Please advise.

I'm running LR4 on a Mac, DNG converter 9

Thanks

Phil
#2 Gunther
Hi Phil,
this sounds strange to me. Could you please try the sequence again (start over with Metadata/Initialize to have a clean start).
Then make some screenshots and if the problem appears again, please attach them here.
Check the table columns as well: holy Grail adjustments are in "Lum Leveling" and Deflicker in "Deflicker". You won't see the Lum Leveling curve (orange) when in Visual Previews mode.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Phil The Burn
Here's a link to the 2 outputs, one pre and one post deflicker..
https://vimeo.com/127391525
https://vimeo.com/127391524
Password is LRT4
#4 Gunther
There is definitely something wrong there. Please start over like I suggested and then send me the screenshots, I've you still don't succed. Make sure to follow my tutorial / instructions!
#5 Phil The Burn
I've tried numerous times today, I've spent 9 hours on this so far..

I've even done a fresh install of LRT

The only way I can get it to work is to not run the deflicker on HG workflow, export, then run the exported JPEGs through the basic workflow. This is not very efficient for me, and certainly not worth the $200 AUD I just dropped on the upgrade!

In possibly unrelated, but equally frustrating news, I have another sequence that won't allow me to use the HG workflow (button is greyed out) even though LRT is displaying the Exif data which is showing big changes in shutter and ISO...

I will run the initial workflow through the HG again and take some screenshots.
#6 Phil The Burn
I'll move this to a new thread as the other problem seems to have sorted itself out..

OK, the original workflow has now worked, although I've done nothing different as far as I'm aware..

I'm still having problems with one of my sequences, the log file seems to think it was shot in Auto, when it was actually shot in Manual...

How can I get it to change that in order to override the disabling of the HG button?

[2015-05-10 20:52:46] DEBUG: Loading sequence properties from /Volumes/Photos/Images/2015/2015-05-09/Wide/.lrt/lrtsequence.properties
[2015-05-10 20:52:46] WARN: Properties-file not found.
[2015-05-10 20:52:46] DEBUG: Buffer size for ExifTool: 25
[2015-05-10 20:52:54] DEBUG: Done loading previews.
[2015-05-10 20:52:54] DEBUG: Memory: [max|1820] [used|330] [free|1490]
[2015-05-10 20:52:58] DEBUG: Sequence shot in auto mode
[2015-05-10 20:52:58] DEBUG: Timestamp Data complete!
[2015-05-10 20:52:58] DEBUG: Sequence is new or was processed with LRT < 4.0
[2015-05-10 20:53:02] DEBUG: Done loading previews.
[2015-05-10 20:53:02] DEBUG: Memory: [max|1820] [used|537] [free|1283]
#7 Gunther
The Auto HG Button will be activated, as soon as there as 2*/3* keyframes - If you have manual holy grail adjustments in the sequence the HG-Wizard should detect them and set those keyframes. Then the HG-Wizard will be enabled.

LRTimelapse uses the information from the exif data to dedect if you've shot in A or M mode, normally this should be correct. But you can always set the 2*/3* keyframes manually left and right of the adjustments with the keys 2 and 3 and then the HG Wizard will get enabled as well.
#8 Phil The Burn
Nice one, thanks mate.

...also check out: