• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker in basic workflow vs visual workflow

#1 lightime
Hi!

In basic workflow, I have an option to deflicker, and I have an option to enable for constant.
In Visual workflow, I have an option I have an option for accuracy "less", "default", "more"

Question:
In basic workflow, selecting the option for "constant", is the same as in visual workflow selecting accuracy for "more"?
What are the diferences between the deflicker in basic workflow and visual workflow in terms of settings?

thanks
pedro
#2 Gunther
No. Constant will just give you a straight, horizontal line which would try to keep one exact luminance.
I found that basically no one was using that that's why I didn't implement it into the newer "Visual Deflicker".

"Accuracy" in Visual deflicker, will define, how closely the target curve needs to be fitted, before the multipass deflicker accepts it as done. Basically, if you do "more", deflicker will try harder to hit the exact curve and it will take longer. Normally "default" is the way to go.

The difference between the Basic Deflicker and the Visual deflicker is, that Basic Deflicker will only work basing on the camera previews, while Visual Deflicker will work based on the developed images. The latter works much more accurate, and you should use it whenever you can.
Currently the only reason to use basic workflow and basic deflicker is, if you need to work with JPGs, because due to technical reasons, those are not supported in the visual workflow.

But even with jpgs, you could convert them to DNG in Lightroom, and then use the Visual Workflow on those DNGs.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lightime
thanks

...also check out: