• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker Issue

#1 ambustion
Hello,

I've searched the forums trying to find some help with this. No matter what I do I'm getting a pink line that won't deflicker. I've checked that its set to exposure 2012 and have dumped the xmp files a couple times and tried for over a day now. 

I'm working off of a supermicro tower with 64 gb ram with the newest adobe dng and lightroom as well as the newest lr timelapse. 

I've uploaded a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Even if i slam the smoothing or refine it in increments along the entire line nothing smooths out the bumps on the bottom end. Any ideas of what else I could try?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I wonder what's the reason for those really, really big spikes at the end? I mean according to your screenshot, LRTimelapse has already applied huge corrections. I assume that the images are so far off, that they are quite over exposed in that area (blown - you get color and contrast shifts etc.). This is nothing that can be corrected then.
But it's hard to really tell without knowing the reason for those spikes and actually seeing those images.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ambustion
Hello,

Thanks for the response. The shots don't look particularily out of range to bring back exposure but there are city lights in the shot. The jumps are definitely the result of AV mode but I thought I could do that with LR Timelapse. I was able to GB Deflicker it out but I definitely want to still utilize all of the raw capabilities of the shots instead of doing the other method. 

I've attached a couple photos from the raw before I manually redid them. Do they look like they should be out of range for what I'm trying to do? Is there anything else I could provide to help troubleshooting?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Okay, Aperture Priority is certainly not the best idea for situations like that. Next time do yourself a favor and shoot in M mode.
I'm not sure if you will be able to fully recover that sequence. Your best option is to set a reference area to the sky (drag the mouse to draw a rectangle in the preview of LRTimelapse. Make sure to select a large portion of the sky.
Then do refine steps to the deflicker, until the pink curve is rather smooth. As long as there are no clipped highlights in the images, LRTimelapse should be able to smooth that out. If however, you have clipped highlights I fear, you won't get a perfect result.
Always remember: using the right technique when shooting is an important prerequisite on the way to a perfect time lapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: