• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

deflicker of selected portion of sequence sometimes redoes entire visual preview

#1 chasg
Hi Gunther,

I frequently selectively deflicker a portion of my sequences, and sometimes, instead of just rerendering that part of the visual preview, the entire visual preview gets rerenderd.

Besides taking a lot of time, I don't know if the new deflicker value gets applied to the selected part of the sequence, or the entire sequence.

The only thing I can think of is that, if I apply too strong a deflicker value to a portion of a sequence, it takes that part of the sequence so far away from the rest, that the program is designed to deflicker the entire sequence, to make sure the curve remains smooth.

Any insights?

Cheers!

Chas
#2 Gunther
If you select only a part of the sequence, deflicker will only get applied to that part. However, if settings changed for the whole sequence (observe the changed indicator in the left most column, if it's yellow or red, it's changed and LRTimelapse will save settings when you next press save). Then, all saved frames will get new visual previews generated - this might be the whole sequence, even if you only deflickered a part, depending on the changed status.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
Thanks for the answer, Gunther (and global thanks for always being so responsive to what I assume is a daily avalanche of questions from us users!).

This problem only ever occurs when I'm running multiple deflickers in a row (deflicker one part of a sequence, then another, then another etc). Once in a while, the entire sequence unexpectedly deflickers when I'm doing this. When I'm running these deflickers, I'm making no other edits or changes, could it be possible that something is happening automatically that I wouldn't initiate myself?

Thanks very much for the mention of the changed indicator, I hadn't noticed its existence. I'll be looking closely at it when next I edit a sequence (probably tonight).

Cheers!

Chas

...also check out: