• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DELETE doesn't move the TRASH

#1 richparry
Gunther,

I was surprised to see that DELETE really removes the file from the entire hard drive. I know the WARNING message says that, but LRT is the first app I have seen the truly deletes the file. Every application and OS (except Linux/Unix) I know moves the file to the trash can.

I don't think moving the file to the trash is a feature request, I think it is a bug. In any case, I was surprised. I can live this LRT the way it is, but really surprised it doesn't move the file to the trash. Is there some reason you don't move the deleted file to the trash?

BTW, I had breakfast with you in the Canary Islands during the workshop last year. Thank you for all your hard work,

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#2 Gunther
Hi Rich,
thank you for your concern, but at least if if comes to windows, that's not true. The only program on windows that natively moves to trash is the Explorer, no other program. And on mac, if you for example delete files from terminal via "rm"-command they wont be put in trash too.

Since LRTimelapse is platform independent, in pure java there is no way to get the deleted files in the trash, since every platform handles this totally different. On windows for example I would have to call the explorer to delete the files.
As often, things are sometimes not as easy as they seem. I will move this thread to feature requests, but I doubt I will be able to implement it easily.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 richparry
Gunther,

Sorry I didn't fully test file deleting before sending my post. Adobe BRIDGE puts deleted files in the trash and thought all apps did.

Please don't spend any time on this, I assumed LRT put the files in the trash. I am happy with LRT "as is". Your warning that deleting the file will delete it from the Hard Drive is clear. I incorrectly assumed that meant it was in the trash.

thanks,
Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.

...also check out: