• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 geoffbroadway
Hi,

Can deleted images be recovered? where do they go?

I am very new to TimeLapse and having tried to take all my images out of TimeLapseLR I selected 'delete images' thinking I could re-import them all and start again. Mistake! They now seem to be deleted deleted. Is there any way to get them back as they are not even in the trash or anywhere else?
I am only testing so its not critical, I just wanted to start the process again as I ran into some work-flow difficulties.

thanks for any help!

Geoff
#2 Raw Media Studios
(2012-04-16, 21:57)geoffbroadway Wrote: Hi,

I am very new to TimeLapse and having tried to take all my images out of TimeLapseLR I selected 'delete images' thinking I could re-import them all and start again. Mistake! They now seem to be deleted deleted. Is there any way to get them back as they are not even in the trash or anywhere else?
I am only testing so its not critical, I just wanted to start the process again as I ran into some work-flow difficulties.

thanks for any help!

Geoff

Geoff,

1. As I'm sure you know by now you should always make a copy of your files before starting any time-lapse manipulation.

2. When deleting files from within LRTimelapse it is a permanent delete i.e. no recycle bin. Actually the preview file is retained in the "stubs" folder but is only 450X300 11.5Kb as its a preview file.

3. You might be able to recover using a third party file recovery program.

Sorry for the bad news.

RMS
#3 geoffbroadway
(2012-04-17, 03:54)Raw Media Studios Wrote:

thanks for any help!

Geoff

Geoff,

1. As I'm sure you know by now you should always make a copy of your files before starting any time-lapse manipulation.

2. When deleting files from within LRTimelapse it is a permanent delete i.e. no recycle bin. Actually the preview file is retained in the "stubs" folder but is only 450X300 11.5Kb as its a preview file.

Sorry for the bad news.

RMS

Hi,

thanks for the for reply, I do normally make back ups, this was just for testing. Incidentally, I found them again - there were still in my system so I could get them back.

Fantastic software though, amazing results and will make a donation.

best

Geoff

#4 Raw Media Studios
(2012-04-17, 13:23)geoffbroadway Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 03:54)Raw Media Studios Wrote:

thanks for any help!

Geoff

Geoff,

Sorry for the bad news.

RMS

Hi,

thanks for the for reply, I do normally make back ups, this was just for testing. Incidentally, I found them again - there were still in my system so I could get them back.

Fantastic software though, amazing results and will make a donation.

best

Geoff

You say they were still on your system after you deleted them in LRTimelapse? Where did they go that you were able to retrieve them? BTW what OS are you using?
#5 charlesshall
Geoff, had your issue been solved ???
#6 JohnN
Permanent deletion?! Is this mentioned on the tutorial page?

IMO no professional program should have a permanent deletion feature from within the app.
#7 Gunther
You get a message dialog, asking you if you really want to delete. It defaults to no.
The concept of the deleting to trashcan is not supported in Java and wouldn't work independently from the platform.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: