• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Detect sudden darken objects

#1 macneubie
First posting here, so be kind to me. Smile

During TL shooting, if birds or insects fly into the scene, they interfere with the rendered video output and show up as sudden burst that disrupts the smoothness.

Is LRT able to provide some inter-scene comparative analysis to detect such cases so that markers will be indicated on such frames that would be further corrected (eg cloning, spot-healing in PS) before rendering the final output?
#2 Marcus
A first step to automated bird removal. Yay. Seriously: I too think that this kind of indication would be a helpful feature.
"Be lazy, be crazy, just be a climber." -- Jack Kerouac
Alpin-, Sport- und Eisklettern, Bergsteigen, Ski- und Hochtouren, MTB
http://www.bergundsteigen.de
#3 Gunther
The idea is good but I fear it would be difficult to analytically distinguish birds and insects from other changes in the scene since they only cause very slight changes. And still the manual work to do would remain.

For such scenes I like to use a trick I learned from my friend Maik Thomas from T-Recs - he once did a tutorial explaining how to automatically remove such artifacts from time lapse sequences, check it out!

[Video: https://vimeo.com/44964208]
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 richparry
The removal of birds using AE as outlined in the Vimeo video is limited. The technique requires a fast shooting interval of 1-2 seconds. The author mentions this in the video.

I normally shoot clouds at 3-5 second intervals so the technique wouldn't work for me.

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#5 Gunther
It depends from the speed in which the clouds are moving. If you have big changes from one to the other frame it won't work, but if the changes are subtile it works very well. But then, hey, this is only a trick to speed up things. You don't have to use it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: