• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#11 Gunther
Yes, DNG currently are not supported.

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 victorwol
Not a total deal breaker, working with the metadata as you do now I think is much faster than with the DNG where you probably have to rewrite the whole file to save the changes. But if there is a way to do it as fast as it is now, would be nice to have it working with DNG too..

Thanks
#13 NightFlyer
Add me to the folks who want DNG support. I did a quick test, and apparently I can export the files from Lightroom as JPG and then run LRTimeLapse, but that really defeat the purpose.
#14 irieger
Hey,

I just started to play around with time lapses and for me DNG also is a killer feature because I have the all pictures as DNG files. And JPG isn't an option because it only handles 8bit. TIF would be some kind of a bridge technology because it can handle 16 bit. With this you have some buffer when changing development settings of this already developed files.

Regards,
Ingmar
#15 Gunther
I already spent a couple of days trying to get DNG/TIFF to work in LRTimelapse but unfortunately I couldn't manage to get it working. It's not that I'm not willing to give you that possibilities, is more the lack of documentation from Adobe's side and the poorly implemented XMP Library in Java. Sorry, for now it's not possible, unfortunately.
#16 irieger
(2011-08-27, 00:40)gwegner Wrote: I already spent a couple of days trying to get DNG/TIFF to work in LRTimelapse but unfortunately I couldn't manage to get it working. It's not that I'm not willing to give you that possibilities, is more the lack of documentation from Adobe's side and the poorly implemented XMP Library in Java. Sorry, for now it's not possible, unfortunately.

OK, with this information I understand, that it isn't here. But I can't imagine there is no tiff library for java?! Hope one of this two formats will be possible later.

Is there a list of compatible raw file formats? (I'm having a Sony A850 and I'm planing to buy a A77 as a second camera for high-speed burst and video mode. Sure, the A77 couldn't be supported yet, but what's about the A850 and the A700?)
#17 Gunther
Currently these cameras are supported (some more work as well, but you will have to try it out).
Currently I'm working on a way to read the previews of more RAW files without that library that seems to be discontinued, but in the moment I can't make any promises.

Regarding DNG/TIFF the problem is, that xmp is not handled as sidecar files for that formats but included into the imagefile itself. Currently I have no working solution to write a correct TIFF or DNG with changed XMP data.
#18 andybryant
I just tried my first run through of the program, assuming that you'd never have support for the RAW files of my G3, would be bound to have support for DNG.

Doh! I deleted the original RAWs after importing... So now I'm stuck with exporting RAW to JPEG - which isn't working too well.

Anyway - I use geosetter for geotagging, and that app uses ExifTool to read/write successfully to many types of files (including DNG).

Would ExifTool work for LRtimelapse?

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Andy.
#19 Gunther
Normally I like to avoid calling any external tools because this usually can create problems. But I'm going to consider this as a fallback solution. Have you already figured out the commandline parameters to read/write a whole set of XMP as Text-File or would like to look into it to support me?
#20 Bluepeak
(2011-10-23, 23:35)gwegner Wrote: Normally I like to avoid calling any external tools because this usually can create problems. But I'm going to consider this as a fallback solution. Have you already figured out the commandline parameters to read/write a whole set of XMP as Text-File or would like to look into it to support me?

xEmP, http://www.robcole.com/Rob/ProductsAndSe...PLrPlugin/ allows you to create XMP sidecar files for DNG from LR3. If we first create the XMP files with this tool, could you then use DNG, just like you would the other RAW files?

...also check out: