• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#21 Gunther
Quote:If we first create the XMP files with this tool, could you then use DNG, just like you would the other RAW files?
You would still have no previews, the rest would work because Lightroom will use the external XMP for import if they are available.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#22 Bluepeak
(2011-11-17, 10:36)gwegner Wrote:
Quote:If we first create the XMP files with this tool, could you then use DNG, just like you would the other RAW files?
You would still have no previews, the rest would work because Lightroom will use the external XMP for import if they are available.

I would be happy to have it work even without previews; at least it provides a partial workaround. But, I exported XMP sidecars using the xEmP; then I changed the extension of my DNG files to CR2 so LR timelapse would read the files. The files and the XMP data showed up fine in LR, AND I got full previews! So all appears to work just fine. If LR timelapse will show DNG files, and checks for the XMP sidecars, all should work perfectly!

Could you enable the ability to recognize DNG files in the next version? I will gladly help to test it.
#23 Gunther
I'm surprised, that it worked when you renamed the DNG to CR2. This is definitely not a preferable way to go because in my opinion it's pure contingency that it worked. It might be because of the original CR2 being embedded in the DNG.

In the next version I'm going to provide a way to deal with DNG and other currently unknown RAW formats. I can't make any promises on the release-date though. Please give me some time to make it stable.
#24 Bluepeak
(2011-11-18, 11:41)gwegner Wrote: I'm surprised, that it worked when you renamed the DNG to CR2. This is definitely not a preferable way to go because in my opinion it's pure contingency that it worked. It might be because of the original CR2 being embedded in the DNG.

In the next version I'm going to provide a way to deal with DNG and other currently unknown RAW formats. I can't make any promises on the release-date though. Please give me some time to make it stable.

I was surprised too, and certainly not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I just tried it with a few images for a test. Thanks for making the time to deal with the DNG format! In the meantime, I will save my CR2 files, and use those.
#25 Gunther
Since Version 1.6 most of the previously unsupported RAW-types and DNG are supported via Exiftool. Check this announcement to learn more:

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...aw-formats

Please let me know what you think.

...also check out: