• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mike Horsfall
I have just recently download LRTimelapse but am having problems with .dng files. After the Initialise, Keyframes wizard and Save. Reading metadata (all selected grid view) there are no stars on any of the files. Yet if I use the native raw (.arw) or jpegs (converted from the .dng’s) and go through the same routine there is no problem!?
Is it because I am using the trial version? or I am missing something? I would purchase this app without hesitation it is a great time saver… but I do prefer to work with dng.
LR 5.7 ; Camera Raw 7.1 ; iMac Yosemite 10.10.2 ; Sony A77 camera.
#2 Gunther
Hi Mike,
normally there are no known problems wih DNG files. Metadata should read/write without problems.
Make sure, the DNGs are writable, since Lightroom will write the metadata directly into the files, LRTimelapse will write sidecars. Both prorgrams will read whatever is never.
Check the log file if you find anything weird is going on (info menu/show log).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Mike Horsfall
Thank you for your quick reply, and I am sure the problem is with LR not LRT but what is meant by "make sure DNGs are writable" I cannot find any reference to it in Lightroom or on the web?
#4 Mike Horsfall
Hi
An update... I have just loaded LRT3 onto my macbook pro. Just gone through the same process with the same dng files... no problems !!? yet everything is the same IOS, versions etc ? any thoughts ?
Mike
#5 Gunther
Could it be something with the Date/Time setting on the computer where it's not working? Like I told you, the programs decide by timestamp which XMP data to use.
#6 Mike Horsfall
Already checked dates. I am going to reload LR on the iMac to see if that makes a difference. It is definitely LR thats not reading the xmp's being the problem. Will keep you posted.
#7 Mike Horsfall
Have reloaded LR and LRT. LR will still not read DNG on iMac. Still fine on MacBook.
#8 Mike Horsfall
Hi I am still having the same problem as listed above... that is on my iMac LR does see the keyframes on .dng files. No problem with jpeg and raw. I have a macbook pro and there is no problem with .dng files. I have recently download LR 6 and LRT 4 on the iMac... still the problem exists I am guessing that there must be some setting on my iMac causing the fault. I have spent hours checking that the settings are the same on both the macbook and iMac but to no avail. Has anybody out there suffered the same that can help me ?
#9 Gunther
Did you try if this happens with LRT4 too?
#10 Mike Horsfall
Yes is does. i have downloaded LRT 4. Also the same with LR 6

...also check out: