• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DNG Z-Cam E1 White Balance

#1 skuss
This may belong in a bug report-let me know.

Win 10
LRT 5.0.4
Lightroom Classic CC 7.2
ADR 10.2
Z-Cam E1 Firmware 0.30

I have a new Z-Cam (http://www.z-cam.com/e1/) that takes JPEGs and DNGs. As soon as I hit "auto transition", the white balance column goes away, and all DNG images are set to 5001/+10 for the WB. This happens regardless of any settings I have made in Lightroom. As shot, Auto and Custom all give the same results. There are in-camera LUTs of sRGB and Z-Log and both act the same way (I'm not sure if the LUTs even affect still shots). I have used the "Validate DNG" and "Convert to DNG" Lightroom options and there is no difference in LRT behavior for the DNGs.

I can provide lots more details and screen shots if this is really something new. JPEGs from the Z-Cam, and RAW Canon files all work as they should.

I have used LRT for quite some time, so hopefully this isn't some user error thing. I didn't have the Z-cam back when using LRT 4, so no help there. Thanks in advance for the help.
#2 Gunther
Try changing the white balance treatment in the metadata menu in LRT!

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 skuss
To my great relief, yes, that worked. Thanks Gunther.

For those who might be interested:
I had actually tried this before, but it seemed then to have no effect. I expect I tried it too late in the process. This option is not available when LRT is first opened. After loading a folder you can get to it via the "metadata" toolbar menu. "Absolute" can then be chosen, rather than the "Relative" default. After making the change, I then clicked on the STAR to re-initialize the sequence. I don't know if that was necessary or not, but I thought it couldn't hurt. I then proceeded with the normal workflow.

As far as I can tell, this setting is not persistent. As soon as you change folders, the WB handling returns to the default. So if you have a camera that needs this, you will have to set it each time. However, if you return to a folder that has had the change made, the change in WB handling will still be there when you return.

...also check out: