• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does LRT access external GPU

#1 javajack
Is LRT looking at eternal GPU? I can't see if it is. I have a Mac tower with an expansion chassis for Resolve with 3 Titan X GPU cards but there is nothing in prefs that shows that I am accessing these cards, unlike Resolve which looks at the whole system.
#2 Gunther
No, GPU doesn't help too much with the tasks that LRTimelapse performs.
Resolve is a video editing program, which can profit a lot of a fast GPU, but LRTimelapse does mostly work, which requires a processor with as many cores as possible.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kukro
It seems to me that the GPU can handle Video files well and fast but with single Frames put together to a Video as in timelapse Tasks, it is not much faster than the CPU. A similar Task is creating a slide Show as Video: in Aquasoft Diashow I can turn GPU acceleration on and off - with GPU (NVidia GTX 1050ti) the program is not significantly faster than without, however the files are about a factor of 2-3 greater. And: probably you cannot set Options such as Quality, Bitrate and so on as easily as when rendering the Video via CPU. You might have a look at the discussion in their (german) Forum:
https://forum.aquasoft.de/viewtopic.php?...pu#p109217
Viele Grüße,
Kurt

...also check out: