• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Drag to lightroom

#1 Sipic
Hi,

I’m new to LRtimelapse, so probably missing something obvious. When I’m trying to drag to lightroom, it’s trying to import every photo I’ve ever taken rather than just the ones in the LRtimelapse sequence. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Simon
#2 Gunther
That sounds weird - how's your images organized? The timelapse sequence that you load in LRTimelapse always have to be in a child folders with no further subfolders.
This foldername will be passed to LR for import - the only thing I could imagine is that you might have some weird special characters in the pathname which break the mechanism, then Lightroom would get probably only a parent folder passed.
Please provide some more information, for example the log file after doing the drag-drop operation (info menu).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Sipic
Hi,
This problem has escalated rapidly. In playing around with the import setting in LRTimelapse and Lightroom I have somehow deleted ALL my files from my user account! Not in the trash. Nothing in my photos app either! I thought hitting delete could only delete them from the import / folders visible on LRTimelapse and lightroom but it’s cleared my hard disk!

Any advice would be much appreciated. I had no idea I could cause so much damage with one click.

Simon
#4 Gunther
Certainly you cannot erase your harddrive with one click in LRT - that's impossible.
LRTimelapse allows to delete single folders, but it will always give a a confirmation dialog before deleting anything.
Furthermore it will not delete folders with subfolder, so you can't delete a whole folder tree from LRTimelapse.

I'd recommend you use your explorer/finder to check your harddrive for the files.

One further advice: In Lightroom you have a catalog and can remove folders or images also from the catalog only - Lightroom will ask you. Unlike Lightroom, in LRTimelapse there is no catalog, you see the actual folder and files on your harddrive.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: