• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DslrDashboard and Nexus 7 with 4.4 Kitkat Upgrade

#11 Pete1957
Can you absolutely confirm your Cam is properly plugged into the USB of the router and the Tablet has a steady connection to the WiFi?

I've just checked again: the usb connections are secure and there is a steady wifi signal.

The Globe LED on the router must be permanently lit.
Can you reach the openWRT Dashboard from the Tablet?

3 of the 4 lights on the router are lit (only the ethernet light is out). When I open DSLR dashboard I have a "Connect to OpenWrt/Linux" button, and when I click on that I have a dialog box saying "Enter server IP address: 192.168.1.1 is already there so I just press "OK". The "Unable to connect (OI exception) Host 192.168.1.1" appears immediately.

[color=#A9A9A9]If not so, connect via a PC and check the DHCP Leases on the Dashboard.
Then try to connect with the tablet, so you can see what is wrong with the lease.
Check both the System Log and Kernel Log in openWRT to determine WHAT is going wrong WHERE.

OK, I'll have a go!

Thanks,

Pete.
#12 Pete1957
Hi saw0,

I have spent several hours over the past few days trying to figure out what is wrong but unfortunately I am still unable to make a connection between the tablet and camera.

I have watched your video so many times I can almost recite it by heart!

Fortunately, I am now able to log in to the OpenWRT dashboard on my Mac — I just type in 192.168.1.1.

Everything in my settings is identical to those shown in your video, but there are a few things that I'm not sure are 'normal':

1) Every time I login to the System Properties page the time has gone back to some day in September and I have to re-sync with the browser.

2) In the 'Device Configuration Status' panel it showed that I was on Channel 11 (you show channel 5) and the country was listed as U.S., not Spain, which is where I am currently located. I changed both these settings manually.

>If not so, connect via a PC and check the DHCP Leases on the Dashboard.
Then try to connect with the tablet, so you can see what is wrong with the lease.
Check both the System Log and Kernel Log in openWRT to determine WHAT is going wrong WHERE.

I'm afraid that my IT knowledge isn't good enough for me to understand what exactly I am looking for here!

I will keep trying, but maybe it's just that the Nikon D3 is not compatible with DSLRDashboard? After all, it's a pretty old camera by digital standards...

Pete.

...also check out: