• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DslrDashboard and Nexus 7 with 4.4 Kitkat Upgrade

#1 Gunther
Hi Zoltan,
I've got some reports that there are issues with the new 4.4 Android.
I updated yesterday an can confirm, that the live-view mode in DDB does not work anymore after the upgrade.
Maybe you could give that a check...
Thank you!
Best wishes
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 hubaiz
(2013-11-27, 15:56)gwegner Wrote: Hi Zoltan,
I've got some reports that there are issues with the new 4.4 Android.
I updated yesterday an can confirm, that the live-view mode in DDB does not work anymore after the upgrade.
Maybe you could give that a check...
Thank you!
Best wishes
Gunther

Hi

Right now I can't upgrade my Nexus 7 to 4.4 as I need it with 4.3.
Can you try and deinstall OpenCV Manager and install the one from the link and try with it:

https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/...akechanges
#3 Dave W
Yes, I have the same problem with Nikon D4, Nexus 7 v 2013, Android 4.4 connected via TP Link TL-MR3040 v2 router. Things seemed fine in Android 4.3 but not so much in 4.4. The link for the OpenCV manager noted above seems to be for an older version. The version that I have installed is as follows: OpenCV library manager v2.14, Built in OpenCV library v 2.4.7.0 rev 1.
#4 Gunther
I can confirm that it works with the OpenCV Manager that Zoltan linked to above.

Make sure to uninstall the other OpenCV first and then install that one.
You might have to allow installing Apps from unknown sources in the Android security settings first.

Thank you Zoltan!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Dave W
(2013-11-28, 15:32)gwegner Wrote: I can confirm that it works with the OpenCV Manager that Zoltan linked to above.

You might have to allow installing Apps from unknown sources in the Android security settings first.

Thank you Zoltan!

Yes the OpenCV Manager that Zoltan linked to above seems to work on my set up noted above. I have not tested it extensively but it seemed to fix the problem. Now I just have to remember not to up date to the new version.
#6 pwschladen
I too can confirm this works.
I am completely new to android and bought a Nexus 7 specifically to run DSLR dashboard but found it would not work at all until kitkat was installed then would hang after one frame with live view.

Uninstalling OpenCV and installing this version seems to have solved the issue.
Thank you Zoltan! This is a fantastic app!
Much appreciated.

(2013-12-03, 06:53)Dave W Wrote:
(2013-11-28, 15:32)gwegner Wrote: I can confirm that it works with the OpenCV Manager that Zoltan linked to above.

Thank you Zoltan!

Yes the OpenCV Manager that Zoltan linked to above seems to work on my set up noted above. I have not tested it extensively but it seemed to fix the problem. Now I just have to remember not to up date to the new version.
#7 borkinhj
(2013-12-11, 08:26)pwschladen Wrote: I too can confirm this works.
I am completely new to android and bought a Nexus 7 specifically to run DSLR dashboard but found it would not work at all until kitkat was installed then would hang after one frame with live view.

Uninstalling OpenCV and installing this version seems to have solved the issue.
Thank you Zoltan! This is a fantastic app!
Much appreciated.

(2013-12-03, 06:53)Dave W Wrote:

Thank you Zoltan!

I found that the fix to use the older version of OpenCV_2.4.6 worked just fine. Another small problem came up auto install replaced the older version with the current version every day. I can't find a way to stop the auto install on my nexus 7 tablet. Any ideas how to do this?
#8 saw0
(2014-01-06, 23:32)borkinhj Wrote: I found that the fix to use the older version of OpenCV_2.4.6 worked just fine. Another small problem came up auto install replaced the older version with the current version every day. I can't find a way to stop the auto install on my nexus 7 tablet. Any ideas how to do this?

PlayStore - My Apps - Installed - Open CV Manager - Settings (three dots Icon) - Remove checkbox for Auto Update
#9 Pete1957
I'm afraid I'm back again.

Having managed the TP-Link firmware update and then updating the Open CV (after first deleting the older version) my Nexus 7 + DSLR Dashboard absolutely refuses to connect to my Nikon D3. The message "Unable to connect (OI exception) Host 192.168.1.1 appears.

Any suggestions anybody?

Pete.
#10 saw0
Can you absolutely confirm your Cam is properly plugged into the USB of the router and the Tablet has a steady connection to the WiFi?

The Globe LED on the router must be permanently lit.
Can you reach the openWRT Dashboard from the Tablet?

If not so, connect via a PC and check the DHCP Leases on the Dashboard.
Then try to connect with the tablet, so you can see what is wrong with the lease.
Check both the System Log and Kernel Log in openWRT to determine WHAT is going wrong WHERE.

...also check out: