• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#1 BryanSnider
I've been using After Effects to remove dust spots. Is there any other way you could recommend removing them? I've tried LR in the past (several versions) ago with little luck. They seem to flicker the dust spot Smile
#2 Gunther
You are right - dust spots are always nasty.

This is for spots that stay over the whole sequence:

In LR there are two ways to remove them - the first is just clicking on a spot with the healing brush, this will automatically search the source. When you populate this to the whole sequence, LR will search a new source for each image - this might work, but you have no control and sometimes it looks weird then.
The second way is so manually setting the source by moving the source to a certain position, then LR will save that source and after you populated it to the whole image, will always use the same position as source. This might give better results - but often too it's visible. To be honest, I don't know of any way to really automate the process of removing a dust spot from the whole sequence with one click.

If you are only talking about just removing some birds or other "spots" appearing in single images, you can just do this in Photoshop or any other image editor by retouching the LRT_* intermediary files after exporting with LRTExport, then render the sequence by manually triggering the rendering from the LRTimelapse Render Dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 yannick_c
Doing it in Lightroom works well for parts that don't change during the timelapse. If the dust is in cloudy parts or any other moving part, the most effective technique is by doing it on After Effect using the dust as a mask (after making a black and white verstion of it) and apply that mask on a brighter version of the sequence (just duplicate the original layer and apply some exposure or level correction). That should remove the spot.
#4 BryanSnider
Wow thank you everyone! I really appreciate that
#5 r_adams
Quote:If you are only talking about just removing some birds or other "spots" appearing in single images, you can just do this in Photoshop or any other image editor by retouching the LRT_* intermediary files after exporting with LRTExport, then render the sequence by manually triggering the rendering from the LRTimelapse Render Dialog.

Thank you for your excellent tutorials. I am evaluating LRT 4 and this is the very thing I have tried. I see that the sequence is important to achieve the desired effect.  So to understand: after I am completely happy with the sequence in Lightroom, but before I Export to LRT4, is it here that I can safely spot tool out issues on each image (in Lightroom CC) before I create the intermediary files? I am just not sure that I have to add Photoshop to the sequence of events. If the spot tool works, can I also add perspective changes in the manual tab of the Lens Correction section?

I am having a great time exploring all that you have packed in here, it is really giving my MBP a workout on 6000x4000 Nikon NEF files.

Have a great day.
#6 Gunther
You can either edit single, idividual RAW files in LR (after doing the LRT Process) - then export via LRTExport - or you could first export the intermediary JPGs with the LRTExport Plugin and then manipulate those JPGs in Photoshop. It depends what you want to achieve.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: