• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#1 ferraro
I can't afford 400$ to get a cam ranger (I work on Mac and have IOS devices) and already had bough Triggertrap, so I make a trial on Bramping setting speed between 1/4 sec and 2 secs. The unit makes a collection of pictures on each setting before jumping to the next one. 1/4 starting, 2 secs closing.
When bringing the collection to LRTL it claims that the shooting was made in auto instead on M, probably because it found too many changes and sent me to deflicker but nothing seems to work with this sequence, not even deflickering.
If it does not work the only alternative would be to make changes on the camera putting 10Kg+ drag load on the tripod to avoid any movement.
#2 Gunther
Making the changes on camera is not a bad option, I did this all the time before having the great DslrDashboard option with the auto holy grail.
I don't know the algorithm of triggertrap for Bulb-Ramping, I don'f find bulb ramping a good option - but if you use it make sure to not use the Holy Grail approach for leveling. If LRTimelapse asks you if you shot it with manually changing camera settings, try to say no to avoid the creation of the Holy Grail keyframes.
You might post a screenshot of the preview panel with the curves here, just to give me an impression how the sequence looks like, if you want.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ferraro
I do not think triggertrap is good on Bramping, you get what you pay for, read also some reviews about it, it is good for other remote features, I'll reoeat the test when I have a chance of a good sunset. Meanwhile I still wait for my ND 3.0 (the fader did not work with Ultra W.A. Lenses) and I decided to go for Timelapse+. Definitively I can not spend that much time in postpro or be slaved changing settings doing time lapse. That time and location could bring me good footage on video or doing a second manual time lapse with another camera-angle, in manual mode changes.
Will keep you posted
Thanks.

...also check out: