• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slider worth it?

#1 nedleary
I have shot a good number of stationary timelapses and now loving the Dslr Dashboard. I own a DP Stage Zero...have used once. Seems like it adds a ton of set up/complications versus grab my camera and tripod and go!

I love the "movement effect" particularly 3 axis but with panning capabilities in post just wondered from experienced timelapsers is it really worth the hassle?

Thanks for your input!
#2 Gunther
I think it really depends on the controller that you are using, if it's a hassle or not. I admit, that I always hated the MX2/MX3 controllers. But now, with the NMX oder EMotimo it's a totally different story. Easy to set up, they are a joy to operate.
You don't necessarily need 3 axis - just a slider movement will add a lot to your sequence.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nedleary
Yup...the MX3 is so NOT intuitive! The Emotimo system seems so easy...do you prefer it to the NMX? And the qDslr system has spoiled me for ease of use. With the NMX also controlled by the ipad I guess you simultaneously control both on your iPad.
Thanks for your help!
#4 Gunther
I control NMX and qDDB from my Nexus 7, no problem.
Emotimo and NMX are different: EMotimo has more features, a software that is more elaborated and brings the whole head, plug and Play. NMX is more flexible but you need to add Motors and P/T Head.
#5 nedleary
Thx!!!
#6 nedleary
Have read up on the NMX and looks sweet...eliminates the poor stabilization of the Emotimo and the app looks great!
On the rail, I own the Stage 0 six foot which is a bit of a beast. Do you like the flexibility of the Stage one better? Seems like a more manageable and transportable system. Is it stable?
Thank you!!!
#7 Gunther
It's not nearly as stable as a S0 or SCYO. But it's more portable. There is always a compromise... :-)
#8 nedleary
You got that right! Thanks!!!

...also check out: