• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Edit 2:3 4K (4096x2736) in Premier

#1 aryeh
I have a timelapse that I don't want to crop to 16:9 but when I render it at 4K 2:3 (4096x2736) it plays fine in the windows movies app, but it causes premier to crash when I import it.
I tried exporting in h264 at both lq and hq, and I tried h265 and premier doesn't even recognise it as a video. If I export as 3k, or at 4k in a 16:9 aspect ratio, it works fine but for this timelapse, I need everything that's in the frame, and it'd be nice to maintain the resolution
(I'm using a Dell XPS 9560, i7-7700HQ, GTX1050, and I'm running the latest Premier CC)
#2 Gunther
4k 3:2 is outside the mp4 specs.
Did you try ProRes? ProRes should work in high resolutions in the latest Premiere Pro CC.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 aryeh
(2017-07-03, 22:10)gwegner Wrote: 4k 3:2 is outside the mp4 specs.
Did you try ProRes? ProRes should work in high resolutions in the latest Premiere Pro CC.

That worked wonderfully. Thank you. 
I didn't try that until now because I thought it was only for Apple software.
#4 Gunther
No, it works on Windows too! :-)

#5 aryeh
Here's the result. https://youtu.be/Dt7O-ibZf64

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
#6 Gunther
Beautiful! Next time use the holy grail technique in the morning to get a nice transition to the day!

#7 aryeh
(2017-07-05, 10:57)gwegner Wrote: Beautiful! Next time use the holy grail technique in the morning to get a nice transition to the day!

qdslrdashboard only works with internal wifi on my Sony camera and it takes almost 10 seconds between shots so I don't really trust it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
#8 Gunther
Did you update the WiFi app on the camera to the latest? This fixes a lot of problems. Even on sony I know a lot of users that use it without problems.
Another option would be to do the ramping manually or use the timelapse+ view.

...also check out: