• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

elements - a year in 5 minutes

#1 Simon Plat
Please take some time to watch my lifework presented here: the time-lapse move added in the link. I guarantee it is worth the while. It is a different approach, double layered, might call it a 4season-lapse: a set of time-lapse sequences chronologically edited, showing seasonal changes in a river landscape. It includes nearly all weather systems and all typical states of a floodplain of the Dutch IJssel - notably one of the most dynamic natural habitats in the Netherlands. Shot in just over one year, over 40 sequences (32 used), far over 20.000 photos used in the final movie. Enjoy!

elements

Very special thanks to Gunther and his LRTimelapse!

Simon Plat
Zwolle, The Netherlands
#2 Gunther
Hi Simon,
nice timelapses and idea!
However I find it a bit too long since you show one angle only and the captions are hmm - very old school... But nothing you couldn't change based on the great footage!
Do you know, that I have a timelapse competition running on my german blog, exactly you topic! Maybe you would like to cut a 90 secs version and submit it. If you can't understand German just use the google translator: http://gwegner.de/ankuendigungen/zeitraf...b-2016-17/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Simon Plat
Thanks Gunther.
Captions were a mistake (showing that I have not much feeling about that part), not going to change that anymore for this movie. You're right about the length I suppose, is related to the music, couldn't cut more off. There will be more 4seasonlapses from my hand and all will be much shorter. This was an idea come to life.
There's a lot to learn!
#4 Gunther
So, what about a 90 secs version for the competition? :-)
#5 Simon Plat
Thanks for the invite! I'm gonna take the challenge, include some new material too.
#6 Gunther
Perfect ;-)

...also check out: