• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emotimo Spectrum vs Dynamic Perception

#1 goodwin
Anyone have have any opinions on the new Emotime Spectrum vs the Dynamic Perception STAGE R: PAN/TILT DIGITAL SYSTEM
#2 Gunther
I think, no one has used the Spectrum yet. I will make a review, when I get one.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nikonman05
Of course i don´t know for sure, but from what i have seen on the internet, I would choose Spectrum any day. Looks far more intuitive, and with a lot more interesting features. But the Spectrum (2099$) is double the price of Stage R.
#4 sketch2099
Been considering this as well, as I was able to get on their early pre-order list, which is going on right now, They sent me a link to a video which shows it's functionality.

Have to say though, I don't feel the need to spend double the cost of TB3 for a new device which doesn't provide me with any extra feature that I would use. Looks more like it was designed as a evolution of the TB3 for video users, not time lapses users. The only extra time lapse feature it offers is an additional motor output, which I don't find worth the extra $1000.

I only need 3-axis of shoot move stop motion. The TB3 offered this functionality at a price and ease of use that made it the go to standard for motion controlled time lapse on a budget. I think the design direction (towards video) and price of the spectrum kind of betrays the customer base that made emotimo so popular.

I'd rather a couple more TB3s before they run out of stock.
#5 nikonman05
Yes, you are right regarding video. Brian at Emotimo says: "The TB3 did time-lapse exceedingly well, and it did some video. This is a video head that does time-lapse as well"
#6 richparry
Is the $2,099 price official? I didn't see any price listed so I want to confirm.

Rich
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#7 sketch2099
yup, that's the price, i think pre-orders are 1899 for a short time
#8 davidahn
Looks like the prices have gone up a little, to $1949 preorder (private), $2299 on release.

I was going to pass on the Spectrum as I haven't even had a chance to use the TB3 Black I got a year ago, but after watching Emotimo's Spectrum overview video, I'm now very interested. The lack of exposed gears is also attractive. The live control looks desirable, especially for hyperlapse. Looks quite a bit heavier, though.

The long lens testing video on Vimeo looks a bit shaky; I was hoping Spectrum would be more stable. Gunther, your review of the TB3 highlighted the TB3's shakiness due to its high profile since it's built vertically. The Spectrum + camera looks to be a lot lower profile. Has anyone had a chance to use the Spectrum yet?
#9 Gunther
I'm going to be testing it tomorrow. Will try to make a short video then. Just subscribe to the newsletter: http://lrtimelapse.com/newsletter
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#10 davidahn
Wow, thanks, Gunther! I will subscribe.

...also check out: