• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emotimo TB3 in 2024

#1 jeffwrightfp@gmail.com
Hey guys, I wasn't really in the market for a moco kit. I used to shoot a ton of timelapse back about 15 years ago but have since transitioned into more of a DP role and normally don't have the time to devote to as much timelapse shooting. I'm currently working on a passion project and think introducing some motion control dolly and motion control head shots might be really cool. I know there are more modern setups available but it's not really in the budget to spend $3k+ as it's not really that important to the project.

I found a used TB3 with a 8' slider (I really like the option to use longer sliders, I even had a homemade 10' one with a ladder and a sherline motor kit way back). It's $500 for the head and trolly/slider which seems like a good deal. I called a buddy to get his thoughts and he actually offered to give me his TB3 that's been sitting in a closet for 5 years but it doesn't have a slider.

My collaborator has a newer rhino slider with the timelapse motor, is it possible to integrate the two? If I take my buddies free tb3 will I easily be able to find a 8' slider for it? Am I better off buying the rig for $500 and having a backup TB3? I know the TB3 doesn't use an app which kinda sucks but also is kinda cool as it's not currently bricked because of no app support like the dynamic perception stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Does Emotimo still offer support and repair for tb3's? Thank you!
#2 Gunther
I'd recommend to reach out to Emotimo directly. They do great customer service!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: