• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emotimo with DslrDashboard

#11 Gunther
No, the liveview trick for smooth aperture ramping does not work with canon, but what you want to do: slave triggering the Emotimo will of course work!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 panoramia
Thanks again Gunther, thanks. Last thing, is there an article or link that shows how to do it, that is, how to connect DSLR dashboard with Emotimo so Emotimo is the slave and DSLR dashboard is the master? What would be needed?

Thanks million
Alfonso
#13 Gunther
It's all explained in the article I've linked to including the sources where to buy the flash adapter etc.
http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/true-hol...o-ramping/
#14 nikonman05
Hi, are you using the metod anymore with live view described here in the link?

http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/true-hol...o-ramping/

Or is it unnecessary after LRT4?
#15 Gunther
I'm not using it anymore. I just ramp the aperture in normal mode and fully rely on the visual deflicker in LRT4.
#16 rocky460712
Let me understand, you are NOT using the NMX in slave mode. So the NMX now fires the camera and with its interval set long enough for the SD card to capture the RAW/JPEG file and then take the next shot based on exposure settings in qDSLRdashboard?
#17 Gunther
Exactly. And I even use the aperture ramping that you can enable on the settings on qDDBs LRT page. So I do a 3 way ramping, but without the slave mode or the live view trick that I once outlined to reduce aperture flicker. Since LRT4 I fully rely on the Visual Deflicker, it removes any aperture flicker, so I don't care anymore.
#18 rocky460712
Gunther,

Appreciate the clarification. Having recently purchased your book, and after reading it several times, was trying to make sense of the various methods which could be used with cameras other than Nikon or Canon.

Using the Dynamic Perception Stage Zero platform, I had already learned of the NMX slave-method through Jay Burlage via instructions on the DP website. Have had great success with the NMX slave-method and a Panasonic LX-100 using a PC Sync cable and the Pixel TF-322 flash adapter. My Nikon camera works perfectly with the NMX controller in the standard boot mode, so I'm happy to hear it confirmed that there's no need to us a PC Sync cable when the Nikon control cable that Jay ships with the Stage Zero is all that is needed to use qDSLRdashboard.

...also check out: