• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emotimo with DslrDashboard

#1 wing_nut
I am contemplating on getting an Emotimo TB3. I like my shooting workflow now: Using dslrdashboard via lrtimelapse module either through usb or wifi.

I guess I asked this already (in a way) a while ago with dollies/sliders and holy grail sequences.

What intervals in HG you use? and why? Why not faster/slower?

How does dslrdashboard integrate with emotimo?

Thanks so much for any feedback.
#2 Gunther
Emotimo will trigger the cam and make the movements, via DDB you control Exposure/ISO etc.
Intervals are between 5 and 20 Secs, depending on what you want to do, the longest time you want to shoot with etc... There are a couple of threads here, where we already discussed that, just use the search function.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DaveHi50
(2013-10-30, 12:10)gwegner Wrote: Emotimo will trigger the cam and make the movements, via DDB you control Exposure/ISO etc.
Intervals are between 5 and 20 Secs, depending on what you want to do, the longest time you want to shoot with etc... There are a couple of threads here, where we already discussed that, just use the search function.

Gunther,
I have tried searching the forum under emotimo, dlsrdashboard, changing exposure... I wasn't able to find to much on the subject of emotimo and dslrdashboard. Can you recall the thread that I should be searching for?

I'm guessing that the emotimo TB3, needs to be set up to be controlled by external device. Which in this case would be the camera. Am I correct in this?
#4 Gunther
No, the TB3 is stand alone. It will make the movements and it will trigger your camera. Has nothing to do with DDB. DDB will only make the settings changes on the camera for exposure/iso.
#5 DaveHi50
(2014-01-08, 14:11)gwegner Wrote: No, the TB3 is stand alone. It will make the movements and it will trigger your camera. Has nothing to do with DDB. DDB will only make the settings changes on the camera for exposure/iso.

Thanks Gunther.
I tried again setting my interval time to 10 secs. I started the shot at 1/250 and worked my way to 6 sec at the darkest. The intervals stayed at 10 secs throughout. The rendered video seemed choppy. I didn't edit it in Final Cut, but was wondering if you use the motion blur in Final Cut to smooth the motion/ time out.
#6 Gunther
I don't know what kind of "choppiness" you are experiencing, normally that's fine the way you did it. Are you not rendering with LRT? You should try it. Try the Motion Blur Plus feature in the LRT Render Module to get smoother results.
#7 DaveHi50
(2014-01-12, 14:56)gwegner Wrote: I don't know what kind of "choppiness" you are experiencing, normally that's fine the way you did it. Are you not rendering with LRT? You should try it. Try the Motion Blur Plus feature in the LRT Render Module to get smoother results.

Oh WOW! I had never seen that in the render settings until you mentioned it. Thanks Again for your help!!

Aloha
#8 panoramia
Dear Gunther,

I am reading this post now because I have purchased Emotimo TB3 and Stage One from Dynamic Perception.

My question is slightlly different. Dslr dashboard has its own intervalometer with flexible dynamic interval ramping. qDD can trigger the camera while mounted on Emotimo.

My question is, can that be done? Emotimo does not have a dynamic intervalometer with ramping, qdslr dahboard has. How can you shoot timelapses with interval ramping by using Emotimo? If Emotimo is the one triggering the camera it will not be impossible to achieve that.

Any suggestions Gunther? Or anybody else?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Alfonso
#9 Gunther
Yes, you can set the EMotimo to slave mode and let qDDB trigger it via a flash sync cable. Checkout this tutorial to learn how: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/true-hol...o-ramping/
#10 panoramia
Thanks for your quick response Gunther, you are the one!

Does this methodology work with Canon as well? You only talk about Nikon in that artcile. I have a Canon 5D Mark II. I believe mirror lockup and Live View Mode are the same thing (maybe I'm wrong), I've experienced that when enabling Liew Vide, camera is more silent and looks like the mirror lockup is enabled, so eventually can avoid flickr as you clearly explained in your article.

A 2nd thing I'm wondering now is this, if Live View mode prevents flickering, removing a lens from its body and sticking a tape to prevent flickr would no longer be necessary, would it?

Thanks a lot for your time, patience and support Gunther.

Greetings from Spain,
Alfonso

...also check out: