• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Enlaps Tikee: third-party workflow?

#1 Mac Doktor
I'm trying to figure out the workflow for the Enlaps Tikee time-lapse camera. Enlaps has a web app for creating the final video but it can't begin to compare with LRT. At the same time I'm uncertain as to whether or not LRT can be used. 

The first hurdle is how to stitch the images from the two cameras. It has been recommended in the Enlaps forum that two videos should be created and then stitched. Can LRTimelapse do this? The xml file for the first sequence of images (say, the left images) would have to be applied to the second (the right images) and two videos created. 

Second, the stitched image is huge. Here are the specs (using jpegs) according to the User Guide:
Quote:Left and right image stored on the SD card: 4608 x 3456 each, approx. 4 MB (8 MB per pair)
Left and right images sent on the web app: 2664 x 1998, approx. 2.5 MB per pair
Panoramic image resolution after fusion: 4000 x 1400, approx. 2 MB per panoramic image

That's approximately 2.66:1 (8:3)

Here is some information from a forum post:
Quote:Some users reported successful tries using Kolor autopano video as a 3rd party stitcher.
The workflow using this is :
– Post-process each camera side using your standard workflow (LRT / Lightroom)
– Encode 1 timelapse for each side (same exact number of frames, same duration)
– Stitch the 2 videos using Autopano.
Concerning the optical specs : you can use this as a starting base, and later finetune as per your scene.
– Sensor 1/2.3
– Focal lenght 2.6mm (35mm equivalent focal lenght : 14.8mm)

And another:
Quote:Each camera from Tikee is a 1/2.3″ sensor equipped with 2.66mm focal lenght / F2.8 fixed lense. So the EFL value to be used in stitching software is 14.61mm (35mm equivalent focal lenght). Using theses values as a starting base, you should be able to get a proper stitching. The values can be slighty adjusted as per your scene to get the intended result.

It sounds like some people have done it.

I haven't received my Tikee yet and at this point I'm very uncertain. I don't know what I will actually be able to do with this camera. I bought it during the Kickstarter campaign. I guess I can always sell it for a profit on eBay but I really would like to shoot some clouds...
#2 Gunther
I don't know that camera, sorry. LRTimelapse works on image sequences, not videos. You should use a Pano-Stitcher that can do batch, then export the results as JPG or TIFF. Now use Lightroom to convert those to DNG. After that you can use the Visual Workflow in LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: