• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Error 70 bei EOS 5D Mark III

#11 hubaiz
Don't see there a pattern.
I was searching on internet for the Err70 and Err80 and most of the post where related to the CF card.

Did you always use a CF card?
Does the 5DM3 has an SD card slot to? If yes can you maybe try with an SD card?
Did you always use 1 Frame for the 'Correct every frame' settings?
If yes can you maybe try with 2 or 3 frames?

qDD does same at start as after 64 or 178 frames so the only explanation I can came up that maybe the camera cpu is overheating.
#12 cypriote
Hi Zoltan,

hopefully my test will help for your fantastic work with this app. It seems, the Problem on Canon Cameras is only on Consumer Cameras who use 2 Slots, CF and SD, the 7D and 5D use other Standards for the Data Transfer from Processor to the Card slots then the 6D with 2 SD Cards ore also the 1D4 ore 1Dx. I believe, thats the reason why qDD works with out Problem on my 1D4 with CF card.

I use both Card Slots on the EOS 5D3, CF Card Transcend 16GB - 400x and SD Card Transcend SDHC10 - 16 GB, but you must know, the slot for SD Card at Canon 5D3 is much slower than the CF Card Slot. Photographers don't use the SD Slots for RAW serials. But you give me an Idea and I try this Idea out now.

And Yes, I see also the "Settings" and there also the possibility for select the frames rate for correction.

1. Test, according to your e-mail proposal, I switch in "Settings" the "correct every frame" from 1 to 3 Frames and also use the Button for "Canon method". Anything else in Standard Setting, JJC-TM Timer by 5 Sec. Interval, Camera by 1/160 sec, ISO 100, start and I get the "Error 70" by 116 frames.

2. Test - So, now my Idea. The 5D3 make it possible to separate the RAW and JPG Files on different Card Slots. So I try to separate the RAW and JPG Files, RAW to CF, JPG to SD, but then the App qDD stop me with the Warning "Select File setting RAW+JPG on the Camera".

Ok, I am selecting RAW+JPG on the Camera to start the App again and go easily to the Settings Level, open LRTimelapse with the Button. Then I go back to the Camera and change the Card setting to store the Frames on separate Slots, RAW on CF and JPG(S3) on SD.

Then back to qDD and change in "Settings" from "correct every frame" from 1 to 2 Frames and use the Button for "canon methode", make the first picture and starting the Session with "Holy Gray"

After 230 frames without Error I stop the Test and change back the qDD "Settings" "correct every frame" back to 1 from 1 Frames and switch of the "canon method", so every settings are back on your general settings when the qDD app opens.

Test 3. I Start the Timer with 5 seconds Interval again, LTR slowest Shutter 4 ", max ISO 1600, Min ISO 100 and LRTimelapse runs anthill........ I stop this Session after 350 frames and start the Test 4.

I made all setting Steps again.

1. Connect the Camera with the Tablet, sttart the app, when it show the Warning "Select RAW+JPG" go to Camera Menu
2, Select in Quick Menu RAW and JPG for Slot 1
3. Go to qDD App, now you can enter to the setting Level
4. Go back to the Camera Menu and there to Working Tool Levels Register 1, Select the "File storage", select "separate store" and select "use Slot 2"
5. Then back to the Quick Menu and select RAW for Slot Card1 and S3 for Slot Card2.
6 Back to qDD and make the first picture manual wit the Camera
7. start Button "Display next JPG"
8. Start the Button "Auto Holy Gray" and then start your Session with the Timer.

Der Ablauf in deutsch, für alle die es testen wollen.

1. Kamera mit Tablet verbinden, dann starte qDD, wenn die Warnung "Select RAW+JPG" kommt geh in das Quick Menu der Camera.
2. Im Quick Menu "RAW+JPG für Card 1 einstellen
3. Jetzt kann mann qDD starten und im zweiten Step LRTimelapse aufrufen.
4. Zurück ins Kamera Menu, die Menu einstellung mit dem gelben Werkzeugschlüssel auswählen, 1. Abschnitt, "Aufnah.funkt+Karte" auswählen, "Separate Aufnahme" auswählen und darunter "Wiedergabe", darin "Slot 2" auswählen.
5. Danach im Quick Menu für Card 1 RAW und für Card 2 S3 einstellen, die Settings sind fertig.
6. Jetzt die Camera für das erste Bild einstellen und die erste Aufnahme machen.
7. Jetzt läuft der App Standard ab mit Button "Display next JPG" Button wird rot.
8. Danach Button "Auto Holy Gray", Button wir rot und danach die Serie mit dem Timer starten.

I stop this Session after 530 Frames without Error and I am happy to find a way to use the App now. I start the Session again to be sure it works this way..

Zoltan, I think this is the way for Canon Cameras with CF and SD Card Slots like 7D and 5D3, if you find a way to make the selections for this Camera when the App Starts it will be useful for all.

Just at the Moment, during I write this Mail my Camera stop the Session automatic, "Memory Card full" ;-)

Regards from Cyprus,
Albert
#13 hubaiz
Thanks for your testing.
I'm currently working a new version and hope till the end of week I will get it out.
Then will ask you to run the debug version that will give me some more info about the 5DM3 properties, and I could fix the RAW+JPG test if separate cards used.
#14 Egon80
[size=medium]to cypriote: Danke für Deine Erklärung in Deutsch, doch was mache ich wenn ich nicht 2 Slots habe? Arbeite mit einer 70D.

to zoltan: my Problem is that i don't have 2 Card Slots with my Canon 70D :/[/size]
#15 cypriote
Hallo Egon80

ich kann dir speziell zur EOS 70D nichts sagen, ich weiß nur, dass die Cam auch nur begrenzte Möglichkeiten bei den Serienaufnahmen hat und es da sehr auf die Schnelligkeit der eingesetzten SD-Card ankommt.

Zoltan hat jetzt einige Ideen aufgenommen und ich denke mal, dass die nächste Version eine Auswahlmöglichkeit für RAW+JPG oder auch nur JPG bringen wird. Warum sollte die LRTimelapse und Holy Gray Funktion sich durch unbedingte RAW Anforderung selbst begrenzen?

Wenn du meine Beschreibung liest weist du wie du die RAW+JPG Warnung umgehen kannst. Warum probierst du das nicht einmal aus und stellst dann nur JPG in voller Auflösung an der Kamera ein. Der Zugewinn an der App ist vor allem die Holy Gray Funktion, in Verbindung mit Gunters Programm. Du verlierst etwas an Nachbearbeitungsmöglichkeiten von RAW zu JPG in LR, aber probier es aus ob das soviel ausmacht?

Zumindest bis Zoltan in den nächsten Tage die angekündigte Version bringt.

Gruß aus Zypern,
Albert
#16 hubaiz
(2014-07-16, 15:17)Egon80 Wrote: [size=medium]to cypriote: Danke für Deine Erklärung in Deutsch, doch was mache ich wenn ich nicht 2 Slots habe? Arbeite mit einer 70D.

to zoltan: my Problem is that i don't have 2 Card Slots with my Canon 70D :/[/size]

Well I missed that you have a 70D (was watching the forum topic and there stand 7D).
As I see the 70D has only 1 SD card slot (not CF) so can you maybe try with another card? Not sure what card you have but maybe with a faster card?

...also check out: