• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rendering unedited stills to movie

#1 RaspiKonk
Hello LRTimelapse Forum,
I would like to know if it is easily possible to render a movie out of a sequence without editing the images in Lightroom.
My use case is, that I have sequences from my GoPro and often I would like to make a movie without any retouching.

Of course this can be done by not changing anything in Lightroom and render the unedited pics to a new location.
The question is: can I skip this step?

I'm on a Mac and have tried numerous programs to assemble a movie out of many (>5000) images. Most programs fail.
LRTimelapse greatly handles this, but I have to export them from Lightroom to make the render dialog recognize the sequence.

If you can give me a hint if/how this is possible in LRTimelapse (or if you can suggest any other program better than the ffmpeg command line) I would greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Konk
#2 Gunther
Officially currently this is not possible.
But here is a workaround: get any batch renaming tool (Lightroom or Bridge will do the job too), rename the GoPro JPGs to
LRT_xxxxx.jpg - make sure to begin the numbering with 00001 and that the numbers always have 5 digits.
Then put the sequence into a folder whose name begins with LRT_

It should look like this:
LRT_MyGoProSequence
LRT00001.jpg
LRT00002.jpg

Then you can use the LRTimelapse render dialog to render the video with the great quality that you are used to. Just click on "Choose", navigate to the LRT_ folder with the renamed sequence, choose your settings and go for it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 RaspiKonk
This works absolutely perfect, thank you very much for this quick feedback!
I bought the program just now and I'm very happy for the quick help!

...also check out: