• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GoPro: DEBUG: Didn't get a visual preview. Trying fall back to Demosaic + Mirror Issu

#1 Artaios
Hi Gunther,

Inspired by your blog-post, I just upgraded my hardware to AMD 1950x and at the same time I updated LRTimelaps from 5.0.23 to 5.0.3.

- With 5.0.2 I had the "Mirror Issue" with my GoPro 6 GPR files. After updating to 5.0.3, the mirror issue looks solved. Before that, I fixed it manually by mirroring all pictures before exporting.
- However, I noticed now, that the image preview is unbelievable slow. After checking the debug log, I found following message per picture: 

[2018-02-19 19:39:14] DEBUG: Didn't get a visual preview. Trying fall back to Demosaicing.

Searching the forum, I noticed that both issues used to appeared before, several versions back. 
I can`t tell if it`s the new hardware or the new version, but something is wrong.

Please help and let me know if I can provide support.

Beste Grüße aus Chicago,
Patrick
#2 Gunther
GoPro Raw files do not embed previews. There's nothing I can do about that. That means, that I have to create the previews by developing the images, which is slow. I'd suggest, you switch over directly to the visual previews and don't wait until the regular ones have been created. Work with the visual previews only to speed up things.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Artaios
Hi Gunther,

understood. But is it possible that it was a lot faster with my 4 year old 4core i7 than now with the 16core AMD? I did many timelaps with GoPro material before and the difference now is dramatic. Any chance to bring in multicore support for this part of the workflow?

-Patrick
#4 Gunther
As I said, you don't need those "camera previews" - they are not embedded. Just use the visual preivews. I will think about, adding multithreaded preview generation for this cases, but it's a lot of work and just not really necessary.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: