• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Event controlled Timelapse Extended with LRT Pro Timer V 1.0B2 + Update Sensor Test

#1 Sheeba
Hello Gunther, hello people,

After my release of the latest PT software versions 0.93 / 4 and 1.0B1, I received a lot of feedback and questions about the sensor, such as:
This is a similar function as in the MOIPS, but better, because you can use an external sensor.
Can I also use these ... sensors?
Is it possible to take pictures immediately when the sensor responds?
Can I also use it to make a TL of my pet when it goes to the feeding bowl? .. etc.

I looked at the sensors and found that, depending on the sensor, there are differences in the active signal. High or low !!

I also looked at the desire for "instant triggering" of the camera at Sensor Activity and finally reached a solution that allows the camera to be triggered with a maximum delay of less than 1/1000 second.

I have implemented these wishes and suggestions in this version.

If you have questions about sensors you are welcome to contact me. Just PM or email me!

I have attached the software 1.0B2 as well as a PDF with a detailed description.

I would be very happy about feedbacks and suggestions!!!

Best regards,
Hans

Update Sensor Test

Hello Gunther, hello people,
In the meantime, I tested the function "Event controlled Timelapse" and "Event controlled Single Exposure" with some sensors with my software 1.0B2:
First, I tested the motion sensor:
https://eckstein-shop.de/HC-SR501-PIR-In...spberry-Pi
You could even detect the movement of small animals like birds. I installed this sensor in a birdhouse and created an event controlled Timelpase that only took pictures when there were birds in the birdhouse!!
The sensor delivers a HIGH signal in action. With a maximum power requirement of about 1mA at 5V, it can be easily operated on the second camera port.

Next I tested this brightness sensor:
https://eckstein-shop.de/Photowiderstand...-Erkennung
A potentiometer is used to set the threshold at which the light value of the sensor is active. Thus, long term Timelapses are e.g. a construction progress depending on the ambient light possible. So, shots only in daylight!
I also set the sensor to only respond to large light changes and then trigger it with a flash. If that then also responds to lightning would test!
It should be noted that although the sensor responds quickly, the PT also triggers the camera in less than 1/1000 seconds, but even good DSLR have a shutter delay of 40 - 60 msec.
The sensor provides a LOW signal as soon as the set light value is exceeded. By the possibility of the settings in the setup "Port 2 Setup" to react HIGH or LOW, one can thereby trigger a timelapse depending on the darkness.
The sensor has a maximum power requirement of 7 mA at 5V and can be operated easily at the second camera port.

Last but not least, I tested this reflection sensor:> Event controlled Single Exposure!
https://eckstein-shop.de/Infrared-Reflective-Sensor
I used this as a light barrier. I hung a hammer on a string and then guided it past the sensor while commuting to trigger the trigger. After several attempts with different delay times "Delay Exposure" I was able to take a picture exactly when the hammer hit a small box. The repeatability was better than expected !!
See picture attached.
The sensor reacts as a light barrier with a LOW signal as soon as an object comes near. The reaction distance of the sensor is only a few (2-4) centimeters, this can be extended by a mirror as a reflector (8-10cm).
Also, this sensor requires less than 10mA current at 5V and can therefore be easily operated on the second camera port.
The specified links for the sensors lead to a company in Germany. The delivery was smooth and fast. But you can find these and other sensors on other websites, possibly with longer delivery times.

The costs for the sensors are all in the range of 2 - 4 €.
I will install the sensors in a small case to make them operational and post the results here.

I would be glad about feedbacks and suggestions. I am happy to answer any questions.
Have fun with the try !!
Best regards, Hans
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Event controlled Timelapse extended with LRT ProTimer_V1_02_en.pdf (Size: 425.98 KB / Downloads: 66)
.zip   LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_Free_1_00_B2.zip (Size: 18.73 KB / Downloads: 11)
#2 Sheeba
Hi Guys,
I created an event controlled timelapse with a motion sensor.
You can watch the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrbiYvQuRT4
#3 Sheeba
Hi Guys,
An attempt of high speed capturing with the Pro Timer and a sound sensor. It was in the dark, the camera triggered for 2 seconds and brought in this time a balloon to burst. The sound sensor triggered the flash via the PT. Pictures are attached.

Best regards,
Hans
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 yimiblu
I see you are making great effort, and having great improvements on your toys! ^_^ As NAture photographer, i try to use some sensors before, as PIR, IR barrier, laser barrier, sound sensor, even an impact sensor -really easy for you too-. What I am looking for now is to improve the efficiency and response speed of pir sensors. I'll write you another email to talk about this topic Smile

Fantastic work, Hans, and thank you for your generosity, making it easy for everyone.

Oh, and congratulations for having superpowers, throwing darts at balloons in the dark: p

Big Grin

Javi
#5 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
I have managed to replicate all of your experiments with the pir and light sensor satisfactorily. I have adjusted the input to be high or low with the light sensor so that light or darkness starts the timelapse sequence.

For event single exposure I used a red laser to shine on the light sensor so that when the beam was interrupted the camera was triggered.
It is not possible to alter the high or low setttings for the input in event single exposure, so how do I set it up so that it will trigger the camera in the darkness with a flash of light such as lightning? I can only get it to work with the light going off not coming on, which would be too late for lightning

I tried using a microphone to trigger the camera, but had some trouble. The microphone had the tip of the stereo plug connected and it did not work. However by just ensuring that the focus (scl) and ground were only connected to the second port I was able to get a noise to trigger the camera.

Thanks for all of your work so far. I am really enjoying using your projects.
Richard
#6 Sheeba
Hi Richard,
thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you are using the sensor functions. I tested triggering with the light sensor in single exposure mode and could not reproduce your problem. However, with my last version 1.11. Which version did you use?
Try it again with the light sensor without laser. Is it possible that reflections are generated by the laser, causing the light to the sensor to be interrupted several times? LOW, HIGH, LOW, etc?
Your attempt with the microphone I found very interesting. This means that the microphone provides enough level to trigger the digital port. However, you can not set the sound level from which to trigger.
How far are you with your slider for focus stacking?
I am currently working on an extension of my Pro Timer SMC and TLSMC software in which I also implemented a function for focus stacking. I will publish these soon. Did you see my latest version of motion timelapse firmware? Especially the use of the TCM2100 silent step stick. This works very well !!
Regards, Hans
#7 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
Sorry but you appear to have misunderstood me. With the light on my bench or a laser the light trigger works ok when set to high or low so that the camera is triggered for timelapse, going from light to dark and dark to light.
I will only be using the laser for event single exposure to capture an image when the beam of light is broken.

It is only when in event single exposure that going from light to dark triggers the camera not dark to light, which would be the case with lightning.

The version I am using is 1.11.

The focus stacker works ok but the settings are meaningless, because I am using a lead screw and I have not yet worked out how to alter the software correctly. What I do is set the start and end points of travel in TMSMC according to the distance from the front to the back of the subject, and then set it going . If I set the distance to say 20mm travel using the measure on the side of the focus stacker I then get 100 images over that distance, which is one image every 0.2mm. I can then process the images in Zerene Stacker.
I have just got back of my holidays and have many jobs to do so I have not yet tried the TCM2100 silent step stick
Richard
#8 Sheeba
Hi Richard,
I think I already understood that. I have tested in Sigle Exposure mode and the various settings in the setup sensor response to LOW or HIGH. Depending on the setting, the camera is triggered when light falls on the sensor (flash) or when it gets dark !!
Please check again without laser only with the light sensor.
In my version of focus stacking, first the first focus point and then the last focus point is approached. Then we set the number of exposures, which automatically calculates the distance per stepp. The minimum distance is currently 0.1 mm. A use of a slider with threaded spindle is also feasible without problems.
Greetings Hans
#9 ramigrafx
Hi Hans,
I have worked it out. I have tested it using a speedlight to simulate lightning.
I turned the potentiometer on the device, which I presume alters it's sensitivity, so that the green light went out. In this state it will not trigger the camera and the display shows high. If I then trigger my speedlight the camera is activated. I now know to set the sensitivity so that the device is not activated by the ambient light when photographing lightning. Hurrah! Just one small problem. In some positions of sensitivity going from light to dark and dark to light both trigger the camera though I don't see that it matters so much as it has no effect on the event timelapse in either the high or low settings.

Richard

...also check out: