• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exif Data is not fully transferred, no width/height, no Date, no Crop

#1 Gunther
If you experience any problems with ExifData (width, height, aperture, shutter, iso) not being transferred to your images, the initial crop not being applied etc. you should note the following:

LRTimelapse uses ExifTool to read out that data. However ExifTool is not able to deal with some kind of special characters in filenames and foldernames. So please make sure, that your file- and foldernames only contain standard ascii characters ( http://www.asciitable.com/ ) except for comma, no "áòíäöoß" etc. No japonese or chinese characters and so on.

If you rename a folder make sure to refresh the folder list or relaunch LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 johndoogan
(2012-12-18, 12:46)gwegner Wrote: If you experience any problems with ExifData (width, height, aperture, shutter, iso) not being transferred to your images, the initial crop not being applied etc. you should note the following:

LRTimelapse uses ExifTool to read out that data. However ExifTool is not able to deal with some kind of special characters in filenames and foldernames. So please make sure, that your file- and foldernames only contain standard ascii characters ( http://www.asciitable.com/ ) except for comma, no "áòíäöoß" etc. No japonese or chinese characters and so on.

If you rename a folder make sure to refresh the folder list or relaunch LRTimelapse.

I am new to Timelapse and would love to buy the full version but I can't get the metadata to transfer between LR and LRtimelapse in the trial version. I have newly installed Java 7 by the link suggested and re-started my machine. Java now shows up in System Preferences. MacPro Quad Core 24GB Ram, OS 10.7.5. I've tried renaming my files: doogan1203031908 so there are no underscores. I have tried it on two separate batches of files several times but still nothing.
Can anyone help?

Postscript: I have managed to get it to work - but only by going back to the original .CR2 files rather than the .DNG files generated by Lightroom. This is a bit of a pain if it is the only workaround as I import everything through Lightroom and convert to DNG. Some older timelapse files I have are ONLY dng, I've tested these and while LRTimelapse will read the changes saved from Lightroom, Lightroom will not read changes to metadata saved out from LRTimelapse.
#3 Gunther
I work with DNG all the time as well, so normally no problem. Please check out the log file (Info/Log) and send it to me, if in doubt.
#4 johndoogan
(2013-05-07, 14:06)gwegner Wrote: I work with DNG all the time as well, so normally no problem. Please check out the log file (Info/Log) and send it to me, if in doubt.
I have sent the log file, though I can't see anything wrong with it. Still can't read metadata updates from LRTimelapse in Lightroom using DNG files. Works fine for native .CR2.
#5 Gunther
Thank you, there is indeed an error in the logfile. We are going to sort that out via EMail.

...also check out: