• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

EXIF loading improperly

#1 ScottAspinall
I've been using LRTimelapse for years and since I changed to a Nikon Z7 II, all of the EXIF data is loading into the wrong columns. The metadata wouldn't show up anywhere, so I installed NEF Codec to read the data and now the metadata shows up everywhere (Photoshop, Lightroom, Windows, etc.). But, I still can't make LRTimelapse sort the metadata properly and now it's doing the same thing for any D800e sequences which have worked perfectly for several years. The attached picture shows that the aperture is in the shutter speed column, the dimensions are in the date/time column, etc. I can load the sequences as if I shot it in Auto mode and get the clip to the deflicker stage, then sort by filename to get it past deflicker (proper date/time only loads on Keyframes after coming back from Lightroom, which puts them at the beginning of the sequence if sorted by time). I just wondered if there was something I could do to get metadata to load properly in the first place to simplify things. I'm concerned about not having the proper metadata loaded when I shoot a proper "Holy Grail" Sequence. Thanks.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
This sounds really strange, nothing that I ever experienced or got reported yet. Myself, I work with a Nikon Z 7II a lot and there are no known issues. I could only imagine that maybe one file might be corrupted and crashed the rest, but thats only a long shot.

Could you please do the following:
  • Redownload and reinstall LRTimelapse from :https://lrtimelapse.com/download/
  • Launch it, go to the settings and on the bottom left click on "Reset Settings".
  • Restart LRTimelapse.
  • Now find the sequence that didn't work in the tree on the left side, don't load it but right click on it and choose "Clear all LRTimelapse editing".
  • After this process finished: load the sequence into the main windows by selecting it in the tree.
  • Wait until the previews and Exif Data is loaded.
Now check in the table, if the Metadata now appears correctly.

If not, please go to Info Menu / Show Log and send me the log file.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ScottAspinall
I tried the above but still have the same problem. I will email the log file to you
#4 Gunther
Yes, please do that.
#5 Gunther
The issue here was a "Comma" in the folder name. Foldernames (including parent folders) cannot have "Commas" in their names because this will break the EXIF-Data loading. i will see to readd a notification about this to LRTimelapse.

...also check out: