• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export and rendering anomalies in LRTimelapse 5.5.2

#1 LindaD
Hi,
I’m running Windows 7 Professional on a 64 bit OS

When I export a sequence from Lightroom, the following results:

1) Without the colour space box ticked, both thumbnails and the actual images are bleached in colour and very bright (these cannot be used to create a video, the result is too washed out)
2) with the colour space box ticked, thumbnails are Very bright and overly saturated but open correctly (in photo gallery) and are consistent in colour and brightness with the edited Lightroom image.

When I proceed to render the video, I can only select the Standard (BT.709), the Wide (BT.2020) cannot be selected with any combination of export options from Lightroom and variations in selections made in the Render Video dialog box.

One other point to note, I was unable to determine my monitor profile, when setting up colour management, and selected sRGB Color Space Profile.icm from the list as a starting point.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am up and running though, I can export from Lightroom by ticking the colour space box and if I select the gamut Standard box I can create a video which appears coloured in a way which is consistent with the exported Lightroom images.
#2 Gunther
Did you see my color management tutorial? Normally it should be all explained there: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial

To answer your questions:
By default LRTExport will export intermediary sequences in Rec.2020 color space. You need a color managed viewer, if you want to open those files directly. In Photoshop for example you will see correct colors, in other viewers with activated color management also (see tutorial) but not in OS thumbnails or OS viewers.
The idea is to have the full Rec.2020 color space available for rendering. Then in LRTimelapse itself you can decide, if you want the more compatible (but smaller) Rec.709 video space, or stay with Rec.2020. For the latter again, you'd need a Video editing software / player that is capable of displaying such files.

2.) If you decide to "tick the box", export with Rec.709 from lightroom, of course you won't be able to render in the Rec.2020 colorspace in LRTimelapse anymore, only in Rec.709.

My recommendations are:
- Export with the default Settings in LRTExport (Rec.2020).
- Render in Rec.709 in LRTimelapse, if you don't really need Rec.2020.
- Be aware that for direct display of the intermediary files you'd need a good image viewer.
- Watch my tutorial ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 LindaD
Hi Gunther,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I watched your YouTube video about colour management before I upgraded to version 5.5.2

The issue I have is that when I export using the default settings in LRTExport (Rec.2020), I’m unable to render in Rec.2020 as I am unable to select it.

Thanks again
#4 Gunther
That's not what you wrote in your original post. If you really exported in Rec.2020 and then open the render dialog with that intermediary sequence, below the render task in that dialog you will see the color space of the intermediary sequences, it should then say BT.2020 Reference Display and you will be able to choose between wide and narrow in that dialog.

BTW: If you are using the beta, make sure to install 5.5.3 beta 3: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...5-3-beta-3
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: