• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export differences between LRTimelapse and After Effects?

Big Grin
#1 Jordidetemple
Hello! Smile

Is there a difference in terms of quality between exporting a timelapse sequence from LRTimelapse or doing it from After Effects?

Normally what I do is edit the sequences in LRTimelapse and LR, and then import the raw sequence with its metadata in After Effects, then export a master video clip in Apple Pro Res 422 HQ. If I do this export directly from LRTimelapse, will the quality be the same?

Thank you very much for your time and I apologize if this matter has already been discussed before, I have been looking and I have not found it.

Cheers!
#2 Gunther
If you do the export via Lightroom as Tiff intermediary and then the ProRes rendering in LRTimelapse the quality will be the same, possibly better and faster since it's easier not to mess up color spaces etc. when rendering with LRTimelapse.
LRTimelapse uses ffmpeg for rendering, one of the best renderers available, in some aspects even better than adobe's.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jordidetemple
That's nice! Thanks for the info Gunther Smile
#4 chasg
If I need to use AE for some reason (e.g. stabilising, or 3rd party deflickering e.g. "Flicker Free" from Anarchy), then I will export 16-bit TIFFs from LRT, open them as a sequence in AE and run plugins/stabilise, and then export TIFFs again from AE and render those in LRT. This is because LRT will render movies much faster than AE.

Note: I also keep those last TIFFs as masters, in case I need to re-render at some other frame rate or codec (which is why I don't render master movies direct from AE).

...also check out: