• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export from Lightroom does not bring up the Render Dialog in LRTimelapse

#1 jyunte
The title really says it all.... but:

I've been away from LRTimelapse for a couple of months, doing other things. I updated to the latest version today, 5.0.7. When I was ready to render my timelape, I hit the Export button in Lightroom, and, after Lightroom did its thing, LRTimelapse started rendering. However, LRTimelapse did not display the Render dialog, which is what I'm used to, it just started rendering. Is that the new way of doing things? The tutorial video shows LRTimelapse displaying the render dialog, which would give me a chance to change some options.

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Under "Advanced Settings" in the Lightroom Export Dialog / LRTExport panel there is an option to use the "Last Render Settings". If that's ticked, Lightroom will skip the dialog and render directly with the previous settings. You can untick that, then the process will stop in LRTimelapse enabling you to change the settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jyunte
Thank you!

I remembered that setting, and looked everywhere for it (I thought it was in LRTimelapse), including on that dialog page... but must have kept skipping over it! Sorry for wasting your time, but thank you for answering.
#4 CatherineMarciniak
Hi Gunter, I am also having this problem - I have checked and last render settings is not clicked. Export happens correctly but render box does not appear. I can only bring up the render dialogue box for final video creation using the LRTimelapse "export and render (internal) button. I have closed both Lightroom and LRTimelapse and shut down numerous times. Any ideas?

I also have another problem - after finalising the grade and deflicker in Lightroom and LRTimelapse, I went back into Lightroom and masked out via healing option all the random bird images on frames in the time-lapse - saved this new metadata and then did export for LRTimelapse and got the prob above but also the bird fixes do not appear in LRTimelapse when I reload the sequence. This means that I can't export this sequence even internally from LRTimelapse as it doesn't have these bird fixes - is this normal or have I done something incorrect?

Your assistance and expertise on this much appreciated.

Catherine.
#5 Gunther
LRTExport in Lightroom writes an interface to the documents/LRtimelapse folder, which LRTimelapse normally reads and performs the export tasks. Make sure that LRTimelapse and LIghtroom can write to the documents folder (see here to enable full disk access for LRT and LR on Mac: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how...pse-on-mac )

Even if this doesn't work, you can at any time invoke the render dialog manually. Do this via "File / Render Video". In the render dialog make sure that the mode (radio buttons on the top) is set to "Render Intermediary Sequence from lightroom". Then click on "Choose" and select the exported intermediary sequence. You can now render that.

If you stamp birds manually, you'd need to take care that LRTimelapse doesn't overwrite those individual stamps when doing the auto transition. There is an expert tips video on how to do the stamping properly, check it out.
If you want to use Lightroom to do this, make sure to hold "Shift" while clicking on Auto Transition, to avoid LRT overwriting the stamps.
#6 CatherineMarciniak
Hi Gunter - the new upgrade has fixed our problem. Thank you from Stephen Axford and myself.
#7 CatherineMarciniak
Gunter, new upgrade has fixed our issue re dialogue box for render after export coming up although the task field is coming up empty now and requires browsing to locate the intermediary folder. My memory is that this was automatic prior to upgrade. Is that how it is meant to happen? 2nd issue is still my LRTimelapse doesn't preview any healing brush changes I make. I always do these at the end of the process and manually copy and paste in Lightroom so that it is after any use of auto transition in LRT. Good news is that these healing brush changes after the recent upgrade are in the final videos even though I can't see them in the LRTimelapse preview after saving metadata in Lightroom and reloading sequence in LRT.
#8 Gunther
Hi Catherine,
1) I see, there seems to be an issue with 6.2.0 that prevents the task field to be filled the very first time, when the LRTimelapse Settings haven't been written yet. After choosing one task manually for the first time it works for the subsequent exports from Lightroom. I will fix this issue in the next update.
If this happens for you even after you selected an intermediary task once manually in LRTimelapse and restarted, maybe your Settings file is not being written correctly. Please check. You'll find the location of the settings file in the log.
2.) Do you have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed? Please make sure!
#9 Gunther
I've sent you an email. Please let me know your OS then I'd like to send you a beta where this should be fixed.
#10 Gunther
This is fixed in 6.2.1. Closing.

...also check out: