• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Export settings for futher editing in Premiere

#1 puncho
Hi, I'm trying to edit several timelapses and then combine later/further editing in Premiere after. What export settings are best to use? I used Tiff 16bit, ProRes, Source resolution, Ultra High quality, 444 Color samping, Standard (BT.709) Gamut, and checked Sharpen. Should I change any of these ? Thanks!
#2 Gunther
Those settings are a bit overkill for the vast majority of usage scenarios.
For the most of my professional work I use tiff intermediaries, ProRes or DNxHR, 6K res (if you are planning to edit in 4K), 422, Quality High, Sharpen and Motion Blur depending on the sequence. Rec709 is the right choice, if you are editing in SDR. For a color managed HDR workflow use Rec.2020.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 puncho
Great, thank you! Also, after I render the video, if I try to re-render it under a different codec/output size, it doesn't seem to allow me...thank you
#4 Gunther
You can at any time chose File / render Video on LRTimelapse, them choose the proper intermediary sequence, set different settings and rerender.

Sent mobile...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 JasonWaitPhotography
Hey Gunther!

Thank you so much for putting your rendering preferences for your professional work so succintly - May I ask, is the information you posted in this thread a few years back still currently your preferred render settings for continued editing as was originally asked?

Thank you for all of your hard work - best wishes from Canada

...also check out: