• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 rodrigo
Dear All,

Just out of curiosity, I would like to ask your experience on the time that it takes from applying the completed metadata into the full sequence of 4000 photos and Lightroom finishing the export ready to be rendered in a video, mine took longer than 24 hrs to do.
The pc has 64GB of memory on an octacore MB y kept getting a warning message about the temperature of the CPU being 65ºC; of course one of the factors to take into consideration is the size of each photo which is 30.4 megapixels per photo.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#2 Gunther
Yeah, Lightroom is quite slow when it comes to exporting.
But 4000 RAW files is a lot. That's 133 seconds of film, more then 2 Minutes. Normally one doesn't have such long timelapse sequences. A clip that will be used in a film normally has no more the 10 seconds (otherwise it gets boring for the audience). So my recommendation would be to split the sequence before exporting and rendering. You can isolate the parts that you want to render by selecting the subsequence in LRT and then right clicking and "New folder from collection". That way you can quickly isolate subsequences for clips in separate folders. Of course you can move them back into the original folder at any time too should that be necessary.
Think about it! It will save a lot of time.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Hi Gunther I agree completely such long time lapse can become really boring, and that was the first day of shooting :-), the one I have just shot is over 2 days.
It is about a Electrical Power Transformer delivered by boat to the quayside of a inland canal, then loaded by crane into the back of the 164 wheels truck ready for transportation to site. It is difficult to edit it.

regards,

Rodrigo
#4 Gunther
You can for example use the “select every nth“ feature from the edit menu in lrtimelapse to select every 2nd image for example. Another option to filter the important images would be the long term workflow in LRTimelapse Pro.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 rodrigo
Thanks for the info, will give it a try.
#6 cblumenshine
I'm doing a two year timelapse and I'm running into this problem right now. The client want's monthly updated videos and it's taking over 24 hours to export. I don't quite understand the process you're explaining. Are you saying to make multiple MP4.'s and then combine?

...also check out: