• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exposure 2012 vs HG Lum Levelling

#1 Julian Elliott
Hi there

I have a sequence that I need to process and I'd like to know what the difference is between Exposure 2012 and HG Lum Levelling.

The sequence I have was already done in the LRT3 and in there I was able to adjust the offset and Rotate sliders to the Exposure 2012 that I wanted.

But if I do this in LRT4 the result is not the same.

Have I, yet again, not found what this equates to?

Sorry Gunther. I don't seem to be doing well on the new version Sad
#2 Gunther
One big advantage in LRT4 is, that it does not use the Exposure tool anymore for the Holy Grail adjustments, intead it uses the Lum-Leveling, this gives you the chance to edit exposure globally on the regular keyframes if you want.
Normally when loading an old LRT3 sequence with the exposure compensations on "Exp 2012", LRT4 will migrate them to the new "Lum-Leveling".
And you should get the orange "zigzag" curve, instead of the yellow one. If this does not happen, just don't worry. Reapply the holy grail wizard, this will create the orange zig zag curve and should the yellow curve show zig zag as well, just right click on their table header and "initialize column", this will reset it and now you have quite the same state like before in LRT3.

Once you got used to the new possibilities you will see, that the new way has a lot of advantages. Check out my new tutorials!!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Julian Elliott
Thanks Gunther.

For the moment, due to lack of time and the missus finding me DIY tasks to do, I'm using LRT3 to get my first and last exposures where I need them then adding into LRT4 for finalisation.

Hopefully when things have calmed down I can sit properly at the tutorial video and not at what seems to be my usual work hour of midnight.
#4 Gunther
Sure. But going back and forth between LRT3 is not recommended and might cause additional troubles, just a warning. From LRT3 to 4 is okay, but the other direction might cause problems.
#5 Julian Elliott
I'm doing the way of LRT3 to LRT4.

Just done another as I have some work that needs sending off to Getty Images. This one looks like it has gone through fine.

Once I get my backlog out of the way I can concentrate on going through all the tutorials and getting back up to speed with the software.
#6 Gunther
Great. Sounds like a plan.
#7 Julian Elliott
Thanks Gunther.

You may be pleased to learn that some of the sequences I have done that have used LRT have already sold through Getty! That is another reason I stuck with the software.

If the best image library in the World can't find fault with the sequences then that's good enough for me Smile

...also check out: