• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ability to select single attribute to reload

#1 sept
when i already fixed something in lightroom, come back to LRTP, and modified a few transitions manually.

then i later found out that there is something i need to fix.

if i went back to lightroom then reload again in LRTP, it will overwrite all attributes, which mean the transition i just did will be gone.

so will you please consider making a dialogue box and ask user each time, what they what to reload, similar to lightroom's sync function?

sincerely
#2 Gunther
(2012-08-01, 22:56)sept Wrote: when i already fixed something in lightroom, come back to LRTP, and modified a few transitions manually.

then i later found out that there is something i need to fix.
I'm not sure if I understand you right. At this step you should save in LRT.
And then load Metadata in Lightroom before making your further changes.

Quote:if i went back to lightroom then reload again in LRTP, it will overwrite all attributes, which mean the transition i just did will be gone.
That's because you didn't save.

Quote:so will you please consider making a dialogue box and ask user each time, what they what to reload, similar to lightroom's sync function?
This would unnecessarily complicate things and lead to differences between the editing in LRT and in Lightroom, it would be intransparent how the current edit in LRT would look like and confuse the users I fear...

sincerely
[/quote]
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 sept
oh, got it.

i guess my workflow is different to what you intended.

currently, i dont want to swap back and fourth if possible in case i make some mistake in LRTL.

cause currently there is no way to undo, and more often than not, i forgot to make snapshot before i make some mistake. (if i keep lightroom separate from LRTL, its easier to monitor and reexport xml)

well, you solution should be good enough if i more comfortable/familiar with the program.

thank you
#4 Gunther
Yes, it's more straight forward. If you start mixing things up you'll run into trouble.
I might add undo in the future - I personally never need it because usually Keyframes are not touched so you can play around in LRT and take everything back. If you need more the Snapshots are the way to go.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 sept
undo function would be really awesome, i lost about 2 hours redoing everything, cause i didnt know i cant remove deflicker if i dont do it immediately.

well, your technique make sense and will make it less likely to make mistake

anyway, undo will still be a great feature, hope its not too hard to implement : )
#6 screamer
Agree with gwegner about the workflow, i think is perfect as it is, and i think that in the other way, can become difficult to understand what i've imported and what not.

And of course, agree with sept too, about undo. undo is always an useful thing (sometimes i find myself trying to do ctrl+z in the real life too, but unfortunately it gives no result in real life ahahahah Smile

...also check out: