• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Expsoure values set to 0 when applying transitions

#1 rgrieder
A few days ago I was thinking about writing some Python scripts to interpolate XMP metadata, but gave up because of lack of time.
Well, then I found LRTimelapse Wink Really great program! Love it!
I managed to get my first batch of completely overexposed images fixed with LR4 and LRTimelapse magic. It worked out just the way I wanted.

Now, for the second batch, I initialized the metadata and then applied deflickering so I wouldn't have to worry about exposure values too much. Well, now I regret abandoning the recommended workflow:
After editing and saving the keyframes in LR4, I applied transitions. No matter whether I do it manually with an S-curve or automatically, my exposure values all get reset to 0.

Workaround for now: untick exposure, apply transitions, export everything and do a 2nd pass for the exposure value interpolation and deflickering.
Or: start over Wink

I also tried reloading (also by loading a different directory first), but no luck with that. The exposure values all get reset to 0.

Hmm, the more I try, the more I realize that it really is a problem of my workflow as LRTimelapse wasn't designed to do what I just tried. It seems to keep some deflickering related metadata in the files I believe.

Anyway, maybe there is an easy fix to support this as well by dismissing the deflickering flags and keeping the actual exposure values, or maybe issue an error message if deflickering was already applied and the user tried to apply transitions.

On another note: Might it be possible to add support for saving metadata to only select files? Saving it to 3000 JPEGs seems like overkill if it only concerns 50 images that were altered. The saving process could then be reduced to about 5 seconds from 5 minutes.
I'm still looking forward to using *.xmp files with RAW images, but I've only got 48GB in my camera, so this isn't always an option. Metadata saving might be a lot faster, right?

As for my system: Windows 7 64 bit with LRTimelapse 1.8 and Lightroom 4.0, also 64 bit.
#2 Gunther
Hi, sorry for the late answer, I've been on holidays.
Unfortunately in 1.8 there is an ugly bug that prevents the exposure to get a appropriate transition, if it was deflickered before - I just fixed it and will be releasing Version 1.9 in the next days. Stay tuned...
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rgrieder
Excellent, thanks!

...also check out: