• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unicode support, manual enter location.

#1 veewinch
I have 2 features request.

1. is unicode, multi language (or multilingual) support for files and folders. In this year (2019 -> 2020) almost all the programs on this world are already supported for unicode file name. I think it will be easier to manage files and folders with the name in my language. :-)

https://postimg.cc/YjsbdCJ2
2. is manual enter the file or folder location. When I starting to create time lapse video, I open LRTimelapse program and browse to my folder from the bottom left window (red rectangle from screenshot). If my folder location is deep and there are a lot of them, it will be harder to look into those folders. So, I think it would be good if there is one button to click and enter folder location manually (example: d:\my-photos\2019\12\country\region\place-name) and the list in that window will be selected.

Thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
1.) Regarding Unicode (UTF-8) support, LRTimelapse is mostly ready to support it, unfortunately the Adobe DNG Converter doesn't support Unicode when called in batch mode (it does work in the GUI, but that doesn't help us). I've submitted a bug report to Adobe, we can only hope, that they will fix it.
I'll continue searching for a work around, but currently I don't see a way without Adobe fixing this.

2.) Normally LRT should remember the position in the file tree where you left off and restore that when you reopen the program. The last used folder will be at the bottom of the folder tree. I'm not sure if entering such long path names manually would help anyhow.

Please open a new thread for every single feature request. If you want to clarify your 2. request, please open a new thread for that.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: